What tech do you go "Oh shit" when being applied?

Papawash

clean and fresh
@purple
Reaction score
I'm always ready to tap when I see a dude go for a heelhook, don't know why but I'm terrified of it for some reason.

baseball bat choke or gogoplata

Neck cranks. Everytime someone gets a good one on me my neck needs massage therapy for a month. I try very hard not to let someone crank it. Rather tap to front head and arm or guillotine vs a crank.

I used to train under this brown belt who could snatch up a baseball bat choke by jumping back from KOB to side mount just incredibly fast. He'd have the hand position before his knee was on the ground.

My coach has a nasty baseball bat choke. As soon as he gets the grips, I know I'm done.

Neck cranks. Everytime someone gets a good one on me my neck needs massage therapy for a month. I try very hard not to let someone crank it. Rather tap to front head and arm or guillotine vs a crank.
Only cans tap

aSCVcHo_zpsxkyruoex.gif

I just bought two cans today for making soup....guess who i'm looking in mirror

Banana splits. Not because they are dangerous, but everyone in the gym is going to stop and watch you take your medicine when that thing gets put on.

Armbars for prolonged periods of time, I have pretty good armbar defense, but I just know that sometimes if I take too much time in the spiderweb position, then I know my chances of escape are not very good. I usually have good timing, but there is a guy who just wont let go, even when I have pressure against him (when he is on his back), it is difficult to get out, but just makes me more aware.

Arm triangles. Always seem t leave me with a sore neck for a few days to a week...

Ude gatame from my coach. He seems to catch them from anywhere, and damn, they come on fast.

Last edited:
Interesting so many are scared of baseball bat chokes. Chokes don't really scared me in the sense I don't worry about injury. The things I do worry about are heel hooks, especially the new way they're being done where the ankle and knee twist opposite directions. Also agree that slicers and neck cranks are scary

Oh shit like fear of injury?
Recently that's been well applied straight foot locks. I've had to start running again and putting on the boot I find can wear out my shin muscles to the point of getting that floppy foot syndrome for a couple days, which wrecks my runs.

Oh shit like, I've effed up and I'm late, defending this is gonna be a bitch...
Without a doubt Ezekiel chokes.

Von Flue chokes. I don't want anybody to ever see me tap to that.

Also, Ezekiel chokes when in my guard. It's such a legit move, that I need to address it immediately when someone tries. I ain't letting no judo trespasser tap me to that bullshit.

Ankle locks on my right ankle. I have a lot of injuries there that haven't fully healed so I try to escape immediately and if I can't I tap. Even to poorly applied ones.

Kimuras. Especially on my bad left shoulder.

Back