What Submission move has become outdated and thereby easy to escape?

Fight_Song said:
you should be able to muscle someone your size around in most positions. i'm not saying push press them but lifting a triangle is not hard. you have good leverage and grip since they're clinging to you so weight really isn't an issue unless they have a good 50lbs+ on you.

You don't know what you're talking about. Most people can't do it, that's including Joe Riggs against Ivan Salaverry.

salboski said:
sharpshooter, (joke) maybe the can opener, haven't seen that in a while. crucifix anybody seen that in a while?

We actually learned a variation on the crucifix today. It's from the sprawl; when you're on top and he goes for a single leg. Seemed pretty effective.

migo said:
You don't know what you're talking about. Most people can't do it, that's including Joe Riggs against Ivan Salaverry.
i can lift a triangle attempt over my head and i'm no powerhouse so i do know what i'm talking about. just dont let them hook your leg, pull their weight on your knees/hips and powerclean them.

if you can stay calm while someone's trying to sink this choke on you, you can get this. if you're weaker you can atleast get them up for head-spike level. just dont lift with your back.

then again, i clean and press my own body weight and that is a decent lift.

Are you attempting to say that you can pretty much power out of any triangle attempt, regardless of the many examples of this in MMA alone?

Not only you, but are you saying that pretty much everyone should be able to do this?

I would say it depends on the skill, strength, speed, etc...of the applying person and the same of the "victim". Some moves may not work for certain people but a more skilled athelete can pull it off. I don't really think it's a matter of the move being obsolete.

Fight_Song said:
i can lift a triangle attempt over my head and i'm no powerhouse so i do know what i'm talking about. just dont let them hook your leg, pull their weight on your knees/hips and powerclean them.

if you can stay calm while someone's trying to sink this choke on you, you can get this. if you're weaker you can atleast get them up for head-spike level. just dont lift with your back.

then again, i clean and press my own body weight and that is a decent lift.

You must not be going against guys with good triangles, nobody I triangle can slam me out of it, and that includes 250lbs guys. They can defend it through technique, but slamming out of a good triangle is much easier said than done.

TapDG said:
A submission is never out dated only the man applying it can be

That's the best answer that I've seen so far.

A submission is only as good as the person applying it...

JimJitsu said:
That's the best answer that I've seen so far.

A submission is only as good as the person applying it...

I also agree. In MMA lot of submissions are hard to get and hold. But if you know anything about jiu-jitsu matches(in tourneys) and follow closely, the basics are the key to winning. Basics sweeps or the basic submission will win matches(most of the time).

Canadi@nTopTeam said:
how do you hook a leg if both of your legs are wrapped around your opponent's torso in a triangle choke??
With your arm?

can openner the opponent must be very dizzy/overwhelmed for this to be effective. or better, you're way to strong for him.

rxnupe04 said:
What submission has become the easiest to escape-either because MMA fighters have become Stronger and/or the submission manuver is outdated. I for one believe the traditional Triangle choke is easy to escape- one just has to stand up and slam his victim to the ground same way Rampage did Arona. However, I do see a few fighters extended the persons elbow whilein the Triangle. However IMO if the arm is not extended the Triangle choke is fairly easy to escape.

you arean fucking idiot and i hope you die soon
fucking troll

none really outdated just some are more knwon and or just easier to defend

none are outdated.
it just helped alot if your opponent has no idea about it.

Canadi@nTopTeam said:
how do you hook a leg if both of your legs are wrapped around your opponent's torso in a triangle choke??

You hook your arm around his leg.:icon_neut

migo said:
You must not be going against guys with good triangles, nobody I triangle can slam me out of it, and that includes 250lbs guys. They can defend it through technique, but slamming out of a good triangle is much easier said than done.

I agree I tapped a 210 3x state champ wrestler the other night and he couldnt slam me even though he tried twice.

Back