What style of karate is best for fighting in UFC?

7ba625e373.jpg

Karate can actually be legit. Karate combat on fight pass was surprisingly really good. A lot of the guys that do Sanda are doing a lot of karate stuff. Some schools are more karate focused than others. Lyoto, wonderboy, and GSP are all high level karate guys. Its funny because it seemed mma had exposed karate as a fake but in reality there was just a lot of fake karate schools being taught by low level practitioners. It would be like low level bjj blue belts opening bjj schools all over and flooding the market with shitty bjj.

Remove the ability to sniff the other man's crotch and he was lost , but he did get to sniff his crotch a little bit on the way down from the headkick's

Karate can actually be legit. Karate combat on fight pass was surprisingly really good. A lot of the guys that do Sanda are doing a lot of karate stuff. Some schools are more karate focused than others. Lyoto, wonderboy, and GSP are all high level karate guys. Its funny because it seemed mma had exposed karate as a fake but in reality there was just a lot of fake karate schools being taught by low level practitioners. It would be like low level bjj blue belts opening bjj schools all over and flooding the market with shitty bjj.

Karate like kung fu has suffered from fools who tarnish the image and reputation of the arts.

But karate has amazing technique and movement if it's trained correctly with proper contact.

Karate like kung fu has suffered from fools who tarnish the image and reputation of the arts.

But karate has amazing technique and movement if it's trained correctly with proper contact.

Ya but even Wonderboy says it takes a lot longer to learn and master than probably any other martial art

Totally man. Kung fu is actually looked down upon even more than karate these days because of that. Kung fu is looked at like a completely fake martial art by so many but the teachings have so much to offer.

I always thought the snake style was deadly and then along came the ol’ ‘monkey fist’. But then, imagine my shock even done fucker came along with the ‘spider’ style ffs, which took the combination of both the snake AND the monkey to kill it!

Wait... I think I’m talking Kung Fu... Nevermind.

A lot of the current crop of K1 fighters are kyokushin guys

I have a hard time figuring out the line between karate and kickboxing. Lots of karate guys, especially in the us, were also very active on the kickboxing circuit. Guys like wonderboy thompson, ray daniels, bill wallace, jeff smith etc etc.

I have a hard time figuring out the line between karate and kickboxing. Lots of karate guys, especially in the us, were also very active on the kickboxing circuit. Guys like wonderboy thompson, ray daniels, bill wallace, jeff smith etc etc.

Chuck Liddell trained Kenpo and had a tat and GSP always walked out in a karate gi and repd karate

Raymond Daniels is a beast.

Whatever Steven practices seems to have adapted pretty well..

Back