What Strategy should Cowboy use vs Conor McGregor?

#1 ) Don't Throw any right hand punches unless it's the 3rd round.

#2) Don't Throw any right hand punches unless it's the 3rd round.

#3) Use Teeps, side kicks and oblique kicks as your long range "Jab".

#4) Don't overreact to Conor's bullcrap kicks used to mask the straight left hand

#5) Remember Conor uses a left uppercut to change things up.

Conor's kicks are not bullcrap. If one of those left highs or spinning kicks land it could be a short night. His front kick to the body is lethal and Cerrone doesn't take those too well.

Edit: Not to forget his side kick to the leg. Sure he kicks to mask his punches but the kicks should be respected.

Edit again: Really respected.

Conor's kicks are not bullcrap. If one of those left highs or spinning kicks land it could be a short night. His front kick to the body is lethal and Cerrone doesn't take those too well.

Edit: Not to forget his side kick to the leg. Sure he kicks to mask his punches but the kicks should be respected.

<YeahOKJen>

There is a very good strategy for Cerrone to win, but I've never seen him do it to anyone so I doubt he'll do it here. He's taller, a much better kicker, better in the clinch and a shitty boxer, so he should obviously keep the fight at kicking range with teeps, front kicks and knee stomps, and clinch him as soon as they get into punching range and work knees or maybe a TD if he can, then about halfway through the 2nd round when Conor starts slowing and trying to block the front kicks, throw in some high kicks that should be open, profit. That's basically what Jones has done to everyone his entire career with the exact same physical advantages Cerrone has here.

Who's the last decent kicker Conor has faced besides Aldo who didn't get to throw any kicks? Max Holloway 7 years ago before he even had a coach? Cowboy almost never uses front kicks, I don't even know if he knows how to oblique kick and doesn't seem that great at keeping it outside punching range to use his kicks, but that's the obvious gameplan for a taller kicker to beat a shorter puncher.
I totally agree with this. Conrad's success as a fighter is largely based on having a reach advantage -- such that his opponent is in danger at a range where he is not.

A lot of kicks like leg kicks, body kicks and head cocks and shooting for takedowns is his best beat
Pretty much fighting long on the ground and when Conor tries to breach the space shoot for a reactive takedown

I fear it's gonna be another 73... like Eddie Alvarez, unfortunately.

I mean yeah... Cowboy shouldn't leave himself to be kicked in the head or anywhere else but it's the left hand that is the only weapon that finishes Conor's opponents. I wouldn't worry about other tools until he racks up a win purely using something other than the left hand.

Cerrone is taking a dive anyways so no point, Conor fans can already celebrate before the fight.

That being said, Cowboy is 100x the warrior Conor would ever be.

Sweep the mofo’ing leg, cowboy!

Get on a horse:

Cerrone is taking a dive anyways so no point, Conor fans can already celebrate before the fight.

That being said, Cowboy is 100x the warrior Conor would ever be.
Paragraph 1: Cerrone is gonna throw the fight
Paragraph 2: Cerrone is a great warrior

Sherdog at its finest right here. Lol.

Paragraph 1: Cerrone is gonna throw the fight
Paragraph 2: Cerrone is a great warrior

Sherdog at its finest right here. Lol.
Meaning he has more heart, way more heart than Colin. Vitor has more heart than Colin.

The fucking TIN MAN has more heart than Colin.

He should Thai kick Conor a bunch of times. Then wrestle him and take him down, then submit him, like a BITCH.
But since he's probably been paid to stand up or is too dumb, we won't see this.

Cowboy is a good soldier and he'll use the strategy he's been told to use.
Yep he's a company man through and through. He gonna keep this fight standing and go out like a warrior. He's making bank to be the sacrificial lamb so the UFC can argue for a Khabib rematch before Khabib retires at 30-0.

Back