what stops UFC from promoting boxing?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just seems like the easiest way to expand their business operations

They've been trying to kill and replace boxing for decades i dont think promoting boxing is in line with that strategy

Boxing is inferior to MMA.

Plus it's already incorporated in an MMA fight. There is no reason to do it.

Bellator does kickboxing, why not.

jds vs tyson fury

Top boxers will not even give a look at the UFC business model, they want millions, not peanuts.

Top boxers will not even give a look at the UFC business model, they want millions, not peanuts.
Top boxers like GGG whose last PPV did 150k puys?

They've been trying to kill and replace boxing for decades i dont think promoting boxing is in line with that strategy

The UFC is not trying to Kill boxing, They're fine co-existing with it, but they definitely took note to try and not make the same mistakes.

Yup, those guys get millions for 100k ppv buys.

I'm a fan of boxing myself, but the "boxing money" argument is very arbitrary when the UFC just sold their business for 4.2 billion dollars.

Also UFC fighters are starting to get paid a lot more these days. McGregor is going to be the highest paid combat sports athlete of 2016.

And the p4p #1 in each sport get paid basically the same. Chocolatito (#1 P4P Boxing) cleared $400K in his last fight. And Mighty Mouse cleared $350K (Disclosed pay not including sponsorship or other bonuses)

What stops HBO from promoting MMA?

I've wonderd if the HBO has it's eyes on the UFC seeing as 2017 will be the last year of their Fox deal. I remember reading somewhere that the UFC was looking to branch out to multiple networks this time around. If this is true an HBO deal wouldn't be that far fetched.

1. WME and HBO seem like two companies that would want to work together as each side has a lot to offer each other,

2. HBO doesn't seem to be putting much effort into boxing as there boxing budget has gone from $100 million to $25 million over the years.

3. 2017's HBO PPV boxing scheduled is very weak and appears that HBO is looking to get out of boxing.

4. They dumped Pacquaio last year as they wouldn't put him on a PPV Card forcing Bob Arum to promote Pacquiao Vargas on his own.

Because "ultimate fighting" represents actual fighting not pillow-hug dancing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ry.

Conor would play with the frail old man

Gayweather's a little bitch

Gayweather getting dropped and playing touchbutt with the canvas:

Gayweather couldn't do this. Conor haters #triggered

qKsMKbE.gif

bueYCPO.gif

Gayweather's last PPV: 400k

conor-mcgregor-laughing-300x225.png

v9Mlqw.gif

I'm a fan of boxing myself, but the "boxing money" argument is very arbitrary when the UFC just sold their business for 4.2 billion dollars.

Also UFC fighters are starting to get paid a lot more these days. McGregor is going to be the highest paid combat sports athlete of 2016.

And the p4p #1 in each sport get paid basically the same. Chocolatito (#1 P4P Boxing) cleared $400K in his last fight. And Mighty Mouse cleared $350K (Disclosed pay not including sponsorship or other bonuses)
It's not arbitrary at all. How much of that 4.2 billion did the fighters see. What a shitty post. Some idiot actually liked it.

I doubt this. It makes no sense to TRY and kill a sport that has a deep amateur program including while being part of the Olympics and also being a big part of many different cultures world wide as both a favored style of fighting and as a combat sport.

Only Sherdoggers would believe that UFC was trying to kill boxing. It is stupid and I doubt that a couple of successful billionaires would be idiotic enough to try and attempt this.

Boxing is inferior to MMA.

Plus it's already incorporated in an MMA fight. There is no reason to do it.

Only a virgin basement dweller would say that it is inferior.

You do not hear others saying that Jujitsu or Muay Thai is inferior to MMA.

MMA would be nothing without any of these styles.

It's not arbitrary at all. How much of that 4.2 billion did the fighters see. What a shitty post. Some idiot actually liked it.

It's arbitrary because from a fans perspective it doesn't make any difference what fighters are getting paid. You want to try and argue about money, but in the end the major boxing promotions aren't generating a fraction of the revenue that the UFC is.

Back