What songs do you guys workout too?, and what are some good workout songs?

You can do Poorman's Roman Swings. You need a five gallon bucket, with a thin wire handle, filled with concrete. Put the handle between your big toe and the next toe. As you lift the bucket start hopping and then begin to rotate. Eventually the bucket will be swinging in a big arcing circle as you rotate around in one spot on one leg. (It's a little tough to get used to.) Do one minute, stop and then switch legs. Builds tremendous upper leg and big toe strength. Your legs are your base, your foot is the base of your leg and your big toe is the base of your foot.

Great advice!!!

I do it to Old Soviet songs. I find it very motivational when doing heavy lifts. In the end am getting so pumped my gf is afraid of me. :)

The USSR national Anthem is bad-ass.

I like it when I do Standing OH Presses

The original version of the German national anthem is even more bad-ass...:icon_twis

Of course, it's far too un-PC to play nowadays.

The original version of the German national anthem is even more bad-ass...:icon_twis

Of course, it's far too un-PC to play nowadays.

If i would hear German anthem while am playing My soviet songs, i would storm this persons house with a red flag!

Wendler's list is good. Pantera, Down, Superjoint Ritual, Death, Soilent Green, Crowbar, Eyehategod, Goatwhore, Clutch, Slayer, etc..

I run to the 300 soundtrack. Nice instrumental that keeps me on track with breathing.

I lift to Dethklok.

Can't get more hardcore for heavy singles than "Bodies"...

I would listen to 'Bodies', and metal in general, if and only if was sung by parrots. A capella, of course. Don't want to run a good parrot vocal performance with loud guitar noise.

I believe that the best possible soundtrack for lifting is hip-hop remixed to music from old Nintendo games. That way you combine the energy of hip-hop with the dedication and nerdy enthusiasm you need for complex programming, etc.

So something like this:

watch

hank williams III

still can't put up a video
song is long hauls and close calls
mixture of outlaw country and metal is pure gold

I think I've had more personal bests listening to Eminem (8 Mile soundtrack in particular) than anything else.

Last of the Mohicans soundtrack is awesome to get you in the zone before a big game.

Some old school gangster rap or some techno/breakbeat

Metallica, Pantera, Eminem, Brother Ali, Rancid, and various other pump rap songs. Always gets my blood flowing.

Back