What songs do you guys workout too?, and what are some good workout songs?

Not to digress too much:Other cool ambient stuff I like would be Equimanthorn's 'Ninndinugga Nimshimshargal Enlillarra' or maybe some Lull 'Cold Summer', not to mention Merzbow/? 'Deus Irae' or Atrax Morgue 'Sickness Report'.

Seriously though, I'll confess to cranking the PRDIDE FC theme song, 'It's a Long Road' from the FIRST BLOOD soundtrack and 'You've got the Touch' from the (animated)TRANSFORMERS soundtrack. Oh, and Four Horsemen and Ultimate Warrior themes from WWE.

So I need some new music. What are some metal bands with kick ass guitar riffs and clean vocals?

Stuff like early metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera etc. I like metal but the death metal growl gets old....I need something to sing along too when I lift, something with a bit of melody.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Progressive trance, and the angriest hardcore I can find (Legend, Colossal, Terror, etc.). I also love the occasional pop-punk song when I'm having trouble finding the motivation to grind out my last set (Crucial Dudes, The Vegas Wake Up, State Champs, etc.).

Pantera
Pantera
Pantera
Metallica
Breaking Benjamin
Korn
Pantera
Rammstein
Pantera

Did I mention Pantera?

On maximal effort days I lift to the inspector gadget theme song. GETS ME PUMPED.

Hmm, I might sound weird, but here it is:

Soundtrack to Beowulf is great, LOTR has a song or two, Gladiator soundtrack, The Hives, Daft Punk, Dizzie Rascal

typically house and electro, makes me not focus on the music and just get my work done

couple years ago, i made a "typical" mix cd for training with the played out hip hop and metal tracks...if I get a chance, I'll upload it for you guys to check out

I lifted to Wolfmother yesterday:

I generally like more upbeat and/or fun stuff for my volume days and the heavier/angrier stuff for my intensity days.

Shai Hulud
Modern Life is War
Strike Anywhere
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Botch
GlassJaw
Envy
Orchid

This is fun for warming up and bouncing around.

This will be reserved for an ass-splitting heavy squat set.

the pride of swedish industry-metal. Listen and worship

Back