What songs do you guys workout too?, and what are some good workout songs?

MMA since 1993

Reaction score
the last couple of years i been listening to songs from this band called "crossfade" to workout, also some disturbed and some of the hip hop from the fight night game series helps me get through my weight workout, when i jump rope or hit the heavy bag i listen to the rocky music(mostly from rocky 4), along with some techno.

I was wondering what songs do you guys listen to in those categories, weights and cardio, that way i can try some new stuff because i'm getting kinda bored from listening to the same stuff, list the artist and song name please.

same stuff i listen to when i dont workout...rap

i only listen to ambient music when working out.

stuff like neptune towers, biosphere, etc.

the rocky movies soundtrack pumps me up like you cant imagine, I raise the treadmill level to the top and I imagine I am climbing mountains to beat the motherfucka russian... then I finish my run, raise my hands to the ceiling and start screaming in the middle of the gym DRAGOOOOOOO DRAGOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Rage Against The Machine

by far the best band to get pumped too by far.

I also love Agent 51-American Rock and Roll

"its raining men"
"ymca"
"i need a hero"

but thats only in the locker room.

vision quest soundtrack
journey - only the young
john waite : change
red rider : lunatic fringe
rolling stones
neil young
random 80's stuff

Listen to Madball, Integrity, Hatebreed, Sick Of It All, and Biohazard to see immediate gains.

Tool, Metallica, Pantera, System of A Down, Godsmack, Misfits

Thats whats on my player now. I reload from time to time.

Bill Conti of course

System of a down
Metallica
Beastie Boys
Guns n roses (I could bench teh 275 to Sweet child o' mine guitar solo)

I only listen to music when I run. Even if I'm going hard with sprints or intervals I've never really felt the need to listen to anything hard. Usually just what I normally listen to. I listen to some pretty pheggy stuff, too.

For some reason I find it too distracting to listen to music when I lift. Also the earphone cord gets in the way and I'm always afraid I'm going to smash my phone.

My BJJ instructors like to play music during class. Both of the head instructors have pretty good taste. They each appeal to different sensibilities of mine. One guy likes a few punk bands I listened to when I was a kid and some indy stuff and the other guy likes a lot of the same mainstream radio rock songs I like.

Back