What size wraps do i need?

37dogg

White Belt
Reaction score
my hands are relatively small 7.5-8 measured across/around below the knuckles, would i go for the 120 or 180 wraps?

oh also dumb question haha but do all mexican wraps have velcro. maybe you guys can just recommend the best entry level wraps for me.

The 180s. You can wrap further down your arm if you have extra.

I'd go 120 only if you have small hands (say 7 inches and under, kids, young teens, women, etc. ) or if you're doing a more minimalistic wrap (like an open palmed wrap for MMA gloves).

My hands are about the same size and feel like 180 is barely enough. I'd recommend 180 if your using it for any boxing related sport

Get the 180's. You can do a wrap and add extra protection to your knuckles and wrist.

thanks guys. ill pick up the 180s and can always try a shorter wrap down the road if need be. can anyone recommend a good mexican velcro pair?

I like Title's Mexican style wraps.

(all listed below refer to the mexican [stretchy] kind of 180" handwrap)

Revgear's are what my gym uses and I like those. RingToCage's look and feel very similar, so those are good too. I have absolutely zero qualms about these.

I've heard good things about Ringside. Really good things about Top King (but those cost about twice as much - like $10-12 for a pair) and Everlast are actually surprisingly very very good, unlike much of their other stuff (their heavybags and non-pro gloves suck in the quality/durability/useability dept.)

(all listed below refer to the mexican [stretchy] kind of 180" handwrap)

Revgear's are what my gym uses and I like those. RingToCage's look and feel very similar, so those are good too. I have absolutely zero qualms about these.

I've heard good things about Ringside. Really good things about Top King (but those cost about twice as much - like $10-12 for a pair) and Everlast are actually surprisingly very very good, unlike much of their other stuff (their heavybags and non-pro gloves suck in the quality/durability/useability dept.)

thanks! are all the ones you listed velcro also?

From my experience, Revgear and Ringside are my favorites. Top Kings are pretty crappy, but i had their Thai flag version, which may have just been extra crappy. Hayabusas were by far the worst I have ever used. Expensive, constricting, and poorly made (one pair was too long, where the velcro couldn't fasten)

From my experience, Revgear and Ringside are my favorites. Top Kings are pretty crappy, but i had their Thai flag version, which may have just been extra crappy. Hayabusas were by far the worst I have ever used. Expensive, constricting, and poorly made (one pair was too long, where the velcro couldn't fasten)

Hayabusa wraps were the only pair I've ever just thrown away

Glad to hear that, now I don't have to buy n try those anymore, haha

As for the Top Kings, I was only relaying what I've heard other posters say. I've only really used the Revgear and RingToCage wraps *(out of the ones I listed, the other brands are what I've been able to gather as what seems to be popular opinion on these boards) with any regularity so far.

I alternate between three wraps depending on what i'm doing.

Best Elastic Wraps = Ringside Heritage 210"
Best Cotton Wraps = Grant or Reyes 192"

thanks guys i am probably going to go with the revgear 180's this time around.

Have you tried Winning cotton wraps?

no, they are to short for what I like to do (i do a lot of cross wrapping).

From my knowledge the only other wraps that are >180 are War wraps and Gorilla wraps.

War wraps do not holdup in the wash and the velcro rips faster then other bands. Sadly, I have not tried Gorilla wraps because of the price of shipping.

I only like Mexican style wraps and I have like a dozen different brands, but my faves are Ringside and Grant for a couple reasons: thickness (doesn't get all mangled up after washing), stretchability (not too loose, not too constricting), and full width velcro close system.

Back