What should Mir's gameplan be for Overeem?

Take a page out of Gustafsson's book, movement. Overeem needs to get tired.

1 Get kicked and punched into oblivion and barely survive
2 Wait for Overeem to gas
3 Touch his chin

Seems a legit gameplan so far.

This. Seems to be the only way to beat him these days.

I know Overeem gasses quickly, but Mir can't stay in the fight long enough for it to happen.

Overeem is going to assault him.

If Mir basically helps his opponent walk him back to the cage like he has done before, offering no resistance, I will be really frustrated and pissed off.

I actually don't know why he took this fighter a week after Barnett. Jackson better be working on his cardio, mobility, and wrestling or he's got little chance and I hate to have to say that.

On a positive note, if he somehow gets it to the ground or pressures Overeem standing, he can sub him or KO him. Mir looks slow but his strikes are hard. More than hard enough to put Overeem to sleep.

Survive the onslaught, then blow on him.

Corner: "OK Frank this is simple.....DONT GET KTFO!!, now go win this shit"

overeem sucks. mir will finish him in the 1st easily.

Dont let him have distance, be the aggressor. Box. Mir has good hands. If he can box and be ready to check kicks and keep the pressure on without having his back against the cage, he'd be set. He does have good trips and stuff if he's on the offensive against the cage.
That if he lets Reem have distance, I see Mir getting picked apart quickly.

Stay as far away from the clinch as possible. Mir will get wrecked with knees horribly if he gets in the position browne was in.

Stay on the outside, avoid the fence and unleash when Reem gasses.

Unfortunately, Mir gasses just as bad and quickly. It's a terrible match up on paper for him and I'd say Reem's BJJ is just as good.

doesnt matter what frank does... this fight will look like carwin vs mir

To be fair, Carwin punches about 10 times harder than Overeem. Overeem is a blown up lhw with great knees--he's never been a puncher.

Play possum ala Werdum x Fedor, and pray Reem falls for it.

To be fair, Carwin punches about 10 times harder than Overeem. Overeem is a blown up lhw with great knees--he's never been a puncher.

If Barnett can take out Mir with knees and GNP so can Reem, it will be similar to Carwin/Barnett fights IMO..

Back