What should I eat??

MayhemMonkey11

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im currently trying to cut some weight for NAGA. I'm 165-170 now and I need to go down to 155(hopefully losing mostly body fat) for June 28. This is plenty of time so I'm trying to do it in a natural healthy way(Not starving my self). Do any of you have some tips for my diet? Right now I basically eat a low-fat muffin in the AM and a pure protein bar. Lunch usually chicken, veggies, rice. 2nd lunch same. Early dinner, maybe a sandwhich. Later dinner probably more chicken or some times a semi-healthy burritto.
Id love some suggestions...

Stay away from processed foods and drinks and exercise and you'll get down easily. Look at the stuff in the foods and if there's something that's hard to read don't eat it. The type of carbs are most important when training to lose weight. Get whole wheat, or other whole grains and the rest of your carbs from fruits and veggies.

Absolutely, thank you. I cook everything my self and bring it to work, so no crap! For drinks, its water and I sometimes put in one of those crystal light packets which I THINK are ok.

Even if you cook every thing your self you need to shop smart. Usally reguar stores don't have the foods i'd eat, so it's best to go to whole foods or other health food stores becasue you can find any thing that you'd want normally but a healthier version. Sounds like your on the right track

Absolutely, thank you. I cook everything my self and bring it to work, so no crap! For drinks, its water and I sometimes put in one of those crystal light packets which I THINK are ok.

Artificial sweeteners are some of the worst chemicals you can ingest. Don't be fooled by the number of calories. Avoid them. Drink pure water with lemon or lime juice squeezed into it, or plain water.Some crystal light products contain aspartame. Aspartame in crystal light stores body fat, in which making you gain weight.

But other than that, eat 5-6 times a day, with lower carbs and veggies with every meal. Lots of water, and try to eat clean foods. Don't eat processed foods.

Even if you cook every thing your self you need to shop smart. Usally reguar stores don't have the foods i'd eat, so it's best to go to whole foods or other health food stores becasue you can find any thing that you'd want normally but a healthier version. Sounds like your on the right track
Only thing I really buy and make is chicken, rice, and veggies. I grill or sautee everything. Are these kinds of things still not as good from a regular supermarket? Also any other particular meats, veggies, carbs you think will help?

Artificial sweeteners are some of the worst chemicals you can ingest. Don't be fooled by the number of calories. Avoid them. Drink pure water with lemon or lime juice squeezed into it, or plain water.Some crystal light products contain aspartame. Aspartame in crystal light stores body fat, in which making you gain weight.

But other than that, eat 5-6 times a day, with lower carbs and veggies with every meal. Lots of water, and try to eat clean foods. Don't eat processed foods.

`Thanks, I knew aspartame was bad but I didnt realize it stored fat. Sometimes I just need something more than water ya know. Any suggestions? I eat about 6 times a day. Also my biggest problem is when I get a craving for something crunchy and salty, I usually reach for some reduced fat cheezits. Is this bad? If yes what else can I do?

Thanks for your help guys!

`Thanks, I knew aspartame was bad but I didnt realize it stored fat. Sometimes I just need something more than water ya know. Any suggestions? I eat about 6 times a day. Also my biggest problem is when I get a craving for something crunchy and salty, I usually reach for some reduced fat cheezits. Is this bad? If yes what else can I do?

Thanks for your help guys!

I find mixed nuts and vegetables w/hummus are a pretty good healthy snack food that kind of replace the potato chip/cracker/cheezit jones

Sounds like you eat pretty healthy, how long have you been eatign this way? Do you have that much excess weight to lose?

Sounds like you eat pretty healthy, how long have you been eatign this way? Do you have that much excess weight to lose?

I generally eat this way. Although the past couple months I have been goin out alot drinking and eating bad when I'm drunk!! But I was still working out so I didnt put on too much fat. I really dont have too much excess weight, I mean i'm 5'11 168. But I compete at 155 and dont want to move up until I put on more muscle so.... I do still have some ecxess fat around my lower abs and sides i could def lose.

Back