Crime What should happen to Arbery killers?

What should happen to Arbery's killers

• Total voters
The father and son admitted they never saw him steal anything. This is where your fantasy post falls apart. They assumed that he stole something.
I can’t make a citizen arrest on you based on an assumption.
Lastly old man had the high ground in the back of the truck with his weapon aimed at Travis. There were 3 dudes chasing him in a truck with one in the truck with his weapon aimed at him. Travis has a right to defend himself as well.
The he was not a good guy is just conjecture that would never stand in court. Your post comes off as emotional and not looking at the facts objectively.
Rittenhouse stood his ground, these yahoo’s initiated the confrontation with zero evidence which is the opposite of stand your ground.
Troll better
If anything, there's actually a stand your ground argument to be made on Arbery's behalf because THEY were the ones who initiated the confrontation.

The folks that think that borders are arbitrary at best, non-existent at worst, freaking out over a 15 minute drive was such a gift from the universe.
And only that specific 15 minute drive. No problem that of the 175 rioters arrested, 102 came from 44 different cities.

Egt0esCX0AE6W5Q

Last edited:
Ah- My bad.
No worries. And from my understanding, your analogy was good. If you instigate a confrontation (talking about a threat of deadly force here) and it goes bad for you, you can no longer “stand your ground”. Self defense is still on the table, but you have a duty to retreat first if retreat is possible.

In this case it seems obvious that the good old boys instigated everything and Arbery was well within his rights to either run away or try to defend himself. Not so obvious how the shooting was a proportionate response to anything Arbery did.

My opinion is the shooter has no standing for self defense and gets felony murder 2nd degree. Not too sure about the others.

If they were intent of shooting him, they would have tried to shoot him the first 2-3 times they tried to stop him.

Like I said the gun didn't go off until Ahmaud grabbed it.

this is an unnecessary and stupid assumption that breaks down with the slightest bit of thought. just because they did not gun the man down first thing does not mean they did not gun him down during the confrontation.

If the prosecutors could show that the first victim was in fear for his life when he chased and attacked Kyle (Like Aubrey reasonably was), Kyle would be going to jail.

Dead guys aren't often called to the stand to give testimony about their emotions and motives at the time of the shootings. It's the survivors of the altercations (ex,, Zimmerman) who get to testify about their state of mind.

And if you think facts and circumstances play any role in the Kenosha verdict explain why Kyle was still in (reasonable) fear for his life after he fired the first shot at his first victim, shattering his pelvis and causing him to collapse to the pavement? Because Kyle then fired THREE MORE TIMES into a body lying on the ground. The final shot, the kill shot (according to autopsy), being in the victim's back.

Significant prison time but I have no idea if this is true or false that the dead guy pulled the gun on them.

Bit of a blind vote essentially.

You know what both of these cases have in common?

A person was running away from an armed mob. They were both accosted with firearms. And they both had the right to defend themselves.

Sadly most conservatives will support Rittenhouse (the person running away) and the McMichaels (the armed mob chasing the person) while most liberals will support Rittenhouse's victims (the armed mob chasing him) and Arbery (the person running away). Based purely on racial and political motives.
Doesn't seem like that's fair, given the poll results in the Rittenhouse thread. Not everyone immediately falls into partisan lines on everything.

Life easily. That was a modern day lynching. Chased him down in a truck with guns drawn just for jogging while black.
Hold on here. Is that really what happened? I'm not taking ant position yet as I am not up on the details but somehow I doubt your above take is being honest.

The neighbors saw him in the house that day.

I think there is video of him sprinting out of that house he broke into. The neighbors alerted the neighborhood watch that Ahmaud was tresspassing inside that home. So it was seen by the other neighbors that Ahmaud broke in, and they alerted the neighborhood watch.

They had a gun because Ahmaud was breaking into that house in their neighborhood and criminals are often a threat.

I don't think they have proof yet that Ahmaud was stealing things in that house. But we do know he's been breaking into the house and that thousands of dollars worth of stolen items were missing according to the home owner.

The house being unoccupied doesn't mean the neighbors can't arm themselves.

Travis may have broke the law pointing the gun at Ahmaud, but the gun didn't go off untill Ahmaud grabbed the gun.

If Ahmaud was a normal good person, he would have stopped and admitted he shouldn't be breaking into the house. But that kid was not a good person. Him charging at Travis and grabbing the gun is why he got shot. He should have stopped once he was caught trespassing.

I can understand being pissed off for someone entering a property... Wasn't it under construction? Construction theft is a huge problem. We have stuff stolen all the time... It's infuriating and the police are useless in investigating it.

I have a big issue with these three guys instigating a confrontation. Follow the guy, take his pictures, report him to the police... there's several things they could do.

But you can't threaten the kid with a gun... Sorry. Then claim self defense when he fights back... Is there video of the entire confrontation? From when they got out of the vehicle to the shooting?

There's no comparison of this case to Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse was chased and only shot back when he was cornered with nowhere to go. These guys were in a vehicle and could have left the situation at anytime. It only continued to escalate because of them.

I'm all in with Rittenhouse being innocent, but I don't feel anywhere the same with this situation.

Doesn't seem like that's fair, given the poll results in the Rittenhouse thread. Not everyone immediately falls into partisan lines on everything.

Sherdog is a special place.

Hold on here. Is that really what happened? I'm not taking ant position yet as I am not up on the details but somehow I doubt your above take is being honest.

He's lying here.... The kid definitely entered their property.

Time Stamped

And he wasn't jogging... He was walking by, saw the house under construction and went inside to look around. It's classic crime of opportunity and it's happens at construction sites all the fucking time. I've had issues with it. Except, we've had higher priced equipment walk off... like welding machines, compressor and generators.

Grab any tools or pricey material like copper tubing or wire and take off. Was that the kids intention? Who knows, the home owners had motion sensor cameras for a reason and likely had issues with theft previously.

However, once they had photos of the kid, they could have called the police and/or just continued to follow him without initiating a confrontation. I think that's where they crossed the line.

Sherdog is a special place.
You don't gotta tell me I've been here forever lol. Just saying, once you get into all of THOSE people ALWAYS think or do this you start to become part of the group think you're talking about.

I can understand being pissed off for someone entering a property... Wasn't it under construction? Construction theft is a huge problem. We have stuff stolen all the time... It's infuriating and the police are useless in investigating it.

I have a big issue with these three guys instigating a confrontation. Follow the guy, take his pictures, report him to the police... there's several things they could do.

But you can't threaten the kid with a gun... Sorry. Then claim self defense when he fights back... Is there video of the entire confrontation? From when they got out of the vehicle to the shooting?

There's no comparison of this case to Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse was chased and only shot back when he was cornered with nowhere to go. These guys were in a vehicle and could have left the situation at anytime. It only continued to escalate because of them.

I'm all in with Rittenhouse being innocent, but I don't feel anywhere the same with this situation.

Largely agree. Realistically, Rittenhouse could be found guilty of the less serious reckless endangerment charges (Counts 2 and 3). But I don't think he will be convicted of the more serious homicide charges. (Counts 1 &4).

If he is found guilty of the reckless endangerment charges, the mitigating factors will likely mean he won't do anywhere near the maximum. Probably 5-8 years, running concurrently, out in 3-4.

All that said, if he walks, I will not be surprised or excessively outraged. The prosecutor is such a fucking douche from what I've seen. If I were on a jury of his, I would probably let a puppy rapist off just to annoy him.

Arbery is completely different. 3 people armed themselves, left their house, got in a truck, and ran down an unarmed man on foot who was fleeing. It's fucking Jim Crow era shit. If they are not sent up for a long time, Georgia is going to burn.

You don't gotta tell me I've been here forever lol. Just saying, once you get into all of THOSE people ALWAYS think or do this you start to become part of the group think you're talking about.

You're absolutely right.

I did say "most", not "all".

A better choice of words would have been, "significant portions of..."

Remember that part in the movie Forest Gump when the bullies are chasing Gump town with a truck screaming at him...

It was exactly like that, with guns...

You're absolutely right.

I did say "most", not "all".

A better choice of words would have been, "significant portions of..."
I think people on both sides get used to thinking most of the people on that other side think this. Of course its human nature to think of others as part of monolithic groups while we are individuals. I think on both sides there's overlap on some key issues, but tons of variance on a lot of other stuff.

But the other side is the enemy, especially these days. and people tend to dehumanize their enemies.

Remember that part in the movie Forest Gump when the bullies are chasing Gump town with a truck screaming at him...

It was exactly like that, with guns...
Ok but that doesnt answer the question. Was he chased down and shot for "jogging while black".

Ok but that doesnt answer the question. Was he chased down and shot for "jogging while black".
Well Forrest wasn't black, and he wasn't jogging, he was just minding his own business with his girl.. also the bullies didn't have guns in the movie just the truck.

So no, he couldn't have been chased down for being black because Forest was white..

Well Forrest wasn't black, and he wasn't jogging, he was just minding his own business with his girl.. also the bullies didn't have guns in the movie just the truck.

So no, he couldn't have been chased down for being black because Forest was white..
Lol forget the Forest comparison and answer.

Back