Crime What should happen to Arbery killers?

What should happen to Arbery's killers

• Total voters
He commited misdemeanor trespassing multiple times, and was being sought ought by local law enforcement so they could give him a citation, followed by harsher punishment for continued law breaking.

Of course they still lynched the man, but not for jogging while black. That's a false narrative pushed by you-know-who.

Oh please he was simply going into these houses and admiring the astounding electrical work as he was an aspiring electrician. I mean he wasn’t in training or in school to be a electrician or anything but he still dreamed of being one.

Have you watched the trial? The defense ripped apart the homeowner's credibility on cross. The homeowner was in fear of Arbery. He admitted he wanted Mr. Arbery caught and stopped. This case is weaker than I previously suspected.
Wait for real?

The McMichael saw a black man jogging and assumed he was guilty of something. They had absolutely no authority to chase him down and kill him. He was killed fir jogging while black.
Well he assumed correctly, because he was indeed guilty of trespassing. The locals were aware a black man was criminally trespassing in the area for the last few months.

They had absolutely no authority to chase him down and kill him. They should go to jail for murder. Arbery was not, however, killed for jogging whilst black.

I'm a terrible person because when I saw this thread, and it asked what happened to "Arbys" I was wondering that too.
EZRo-FxXgAMchiX.jpg

I always wondered why he didn’t try to duck into a yard or up between houses? We see in the video, he runs up to and then around the truck.

Who knows what he was thinking at the time. Maybe he thought they would stop if he kept running or was afraid of running into dogs in between houses. Some people are deathly afraid of dogs.

I had a similar incident happen to me when I beat up this kid at the park. Him and his father were looking for me. Hiding between houses didn't work but luckily I was able to sprint to my house and my dad ran out and shut it all down.

Well he assumed correctly, because he was indeed guilty of trespassing. The locals were aware a black man was criminally trespassing in the area for the last few months.

They had absolutely no authority to chase him down and kill him. They should go to jail for murder. Arbery was not, however, killed for jogging whilst black.
He walked into a building under construction to look around and left. The owner of the house said nothing was stolen or missing and many different people across the last few months were recorded walking into the house under construction. The only thing he was guilty of was being black.

I haven't followed this case to closely, but sounds like those goons over provoked the confrontation followed by using excessive force and killed that guy.

They're going up the river.

My guess.

They are allowed to carry a gun. 2nd Amendment.

Ahmaud was apparently breaking into a house in their neighborhood that was not his. Things were being stolen in that house. No proof yet it was Ahmaud stealing stuff but he shouldn't be breaking in

People who break into other people's houses are often dangerous

I never said they weren't allowed to carry a gun. My question was what caused them to bring it into play.

Where was the tangible clear and present danger he posed?

Did his killers see him break into the house?

Can it be confirmed that he actually stole something, or that he even intended to?

You say people who break into peoples houses are often dangerous but there's the pertinent fact that your are leaving out when saying this: The house was unoccupied.

A truer statement to me is that people who jump to conclusions grab their gun and form posse's are FAR more dangerous.

OK- So the events that transpired leading up to the time the trigger was pulled are meaningless in your eyes? I can chase you down with a gun and when I catch up to you and you try and grab it, I can kill you with no legal consequence?

3 armed men in a truck were chasing down an unarmed man on foot. An unarmed man who was fleeing. Forgive me, but that does not sound very 'self-defensy'.

I was simply stating the Wisconsin standard for justified self-defense. I have heard multiple legal analysts state that all the defense in the Rittenhouse trial has to establish is that Kyle was in fear for his life each time he pulled the trigger. If the jury accepts that that was Kyle's state of mind Kyle must be found not guilty. Period.

Apply that standard to the Arbery shooter and there you go.

My post was also (obviously) sarcastic. Because I think the "state of mind" standard is absurd and makes it legal hunting season for immature, frightened pussies in possession of firearms whenever they find themselves in any type of angry, confrontational situation.

Why was the gun in play?

What was the clear and present existential threat that caused those pussies to form a posse?
Been under a rock or just trying to rehash old shit

The trigger-man should probably do time for the killing, the rest for attempted kidnapping, intimidation, or other such charges, unless it's proven that they intended to murder the guy.

I was simply stating the Wisconsin standard for justified self-defense. I have heard multiple legal analysts state that all the defense in the Rittenhouse trial has to establish is that Kyle was in fear for his life each time he pulled the trigger. If the jury accepts that that was Kyle's state of mind Kyle must be found not guilty. Period.

Apply that standard to the Arbery shooter and there you go.

My post was also (obviously) sarcastic. Because I think the "state of mind" standard is absurd and makes it legal hunting season for immature, frightened pussies in possession of firearms whenever they find themselves in any type of angry, confrontational situation.

Fair points, but the circumstances between Rittenhouse and Arbery's killers are completely inverted. Kyle was armed and was being chased by (in some cases) unarmed people. Arbery was unarmed and being chased by armed people.

The whole thing whiffs of the South Park 'It's coming right for us!!' hunting defense.

Last edited:
Under a rock.

Racial histrionics is just a passing fancy for me.
Couple idiots found someone going through houses under construction in an area where there have been break ins. They thought they’d strap up and citizens arrest the guy. Fight ensued. He got shot. Remove the first half and it’s self defense. Add it back in and it looks like manslaughter to me.

They hunted the guy down and killed him, they deserve life in prison. The moment they pulled the gun on him, their fates were sealed. Guilty verdict and harsh sentence incoming for these guys.

I never said they weren't allowed to carry a gun. My question was what caused them to bring it into play.

Where was the tangible clear and present danger he posed?

Did his killers see him break into the house?

Can it be confirmed that he actually stole something, or that he even intended to?

You say people who break into peoples houses are often dangerous but there's the pertinent fact that your are leaving out when saying this: The house was unoccupied.

A truer statement to me is that people who jump to conclusions grab their gun and form posse's are FAR more dangerous.
The neighbors saw him in the house that day.

I think there is video of him sprinting out of that house he broke into. The neighbors alerted the neighborhood watch that Ahmaud was tresspassing inside that home. So it was seen by the other neighbors that Ahmaud broke in, and they alerted the neighborhood watch.

They had a gun because Ahmaud was breaking into that house in their neighborhood and criminals are often a threat.

I don't think they have proof yet that Ahmaud was stealing things in that house. But we do know he's been breaking into the house and that thousands of dollars worth of stolen items were missing according to the home owner.

The house being unoccupied doesn't mean the neighbors can't arm themselves.

Travis may have broke the law pointing the gun at Ahmaud, but the gun didn't go off untill Ahmaud grabbed the gun.

If Ahmaud was a normal good person, he would have stopped and admitted he shouldn't be breaking into the house. But that kid was not a good person. Him charging at Travis and grabbing the gun is why he got shot. He should have stopped once he was caught trespassing.

Couple idiots found someone going through houses under construction in an area where there have been break ins. They thought they’d strap up and citizens arrest the guy. Fight ensued. He got shot. Remove the first half and it’s self defense. Add it back in and it looks like manslaughter to me.

I got the gist of it. Never really engaged in the past threads about it.

Chulo and I often agree on some things but I wanted to hear his perspective on why he thought the murder of that man was just.

I got the gist of it. Never really engaged in the past threads about it.

Chulo and I often agree on some things but I wanted to hear his perspective on why he thought the murder of that man was just.
I don't think Travis murdered Ahmaud. The gun went off after Ahmaud grabbed the gun. Then they wrestled for it in a life and death wrestling match with Ahmaud falling over after a couple shots.

Travis might be in trouble for pointing the gun at a trespasser based on state law in Georgia.

Once Ahmaud grabbed the gun, then it's a life and death struggle.

Ahmaud should have stopped for the neighborhood watch after he broke into the home.

Except they actually didn't see him in the house, they stated they didn't know if he had committed any crime, just had a feeling. They didn't tell him he was under arrest of any kind, but shouted they would blow his head off.

The neighbors saw him in the house that day.

I think there is video of him sprinting out of that house he broke into. The neighbors alerted the neighborhood watch that Ahmaud was tresspassing inside that home. So it was seen by the other neighbors that Ahmaud broke in, and they alerted the neighborhood watch.

They had a gun because Ahmaud was breaking into that house in their neighborhood and criminals are often a threat.

I don't think they have proof yet that Ahmaud was stealing things in that house. But we do know he's been breaking into the house and that thousands of dollars worth of stolen items were missing according to the home owner.

The house being unoccupied doesn't mean the neighbors can't arm themselves.

Travis may have broke the law pointing the gun at Ahmaud, but the gun didn't go off untill Ahmaud grabbed the gun.

If Ahmaud was a normal good person, he would have stopped and admitted he shouldn't be breaking into the house. But that kid was not a good person. Him charging at Travis and grabbing the gun is why he got shot. He should have stopped once he was caught trespassing.

Except it didn't seem to go down this way at all.

Back