Social What should everyone experience at least once?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My list (as always you do not have to agree):

Traveling - Especially internationally. Many people never leave their towns or even their states. To me, this is a tragedy. Some people do not get to experience meeting people who are much different from them. I think it is important for everyone (in theory, of course) to get on an airplane, arrive somewhere different - somewhere in which you get disboard and people are speaking different languages, and the food tastes different. A good culture shock will have a lasting effect and for some people - even changes their perspective on life. The world seems so much bigger when you "go outside".

Staying up all night with friends until the sun comes up - To me, this is a rite of passage for young people; you may not get a chance to do it when you get older. Everyone should experience a fun time with close friends that leads to you staying up all night and finally passing out when the sun rises. Such an experience will always stay with you.

Camping - Again, I get that stuff like this isn't everyone's thing. Many people try it and talk about how much they resent it. However, we are a people who are constantly inundated with technology, bombarded with social interaction, constantly hustling and bustling to and fro. I think everyone needs to (at least once) experience being in nature, away from social media, breathing fresh air, burning wood and sleeping with the stars above you. I believe a primitive part of us yearns for it and feels right at home when immersed in such a situation. Even for one who has never spent a night out in the wilderness, it will feel like muscle memory, like getting back on a bike for the first time.

Winning at something - Everyone should experience winning at something, getting first place. Of course, everyone should experience losing too, but that's automatically gonna happen to everybody. It is a good feeling to beat out competition and get first place - whether it is applause from a congregation, a trophy or medal, or even a small acknowledgement, we should all know what it is like to be a "winner" in this life. Such a feeling, especially at a young age, can also be a great motivator through life as we'd all like to replicate the feeling.

Sex - This may seem silly to be on the list, but I just think of how much it must suck dying as an adult who is a virgin. (Enough so to make Christine Chubbuck kill herself!). Of course some people believe in waiting for marriage to have sex - and nothing wrong with that - and unfortunately die before ever having that opportunity. Sex is one of mankind's greatest pleasures. It is the reason our species exist. It is a common pleasure that ties ALL cultures together, all time periods, sexualities, races, ages, in short - one thing every group of people (and animals for that matter) have in common is the love of sex!

Anyway, this is my list. What do you think?

Last edited:
Those are good experiences before death. I would also say winning something in front of other people. Game of cards, something small, whatever. It’s something you want before you die.

Those are good experiences before death. I would also say winning something in front of other people. Game of cards, something small, whatever. It’s something you want before you die.

F*ck. I forgot to add that one as well (I'm gonna edit). Needless to say, I agree.

Everyone should experience discontent. People need hard times.

I concur!

Everyone should experience discontent. People need hard times.

Agreed.

Once out butler, Jeeves, took the morning off to attend his daughter's funeral (he asked for the full day, but you have to firm with the staff), so I had to make my own breakfast......well the chef made it, but I buttered my own toast.

Was a tough time, but I got through it, and it made me so much stronger going forward.

Funnily enough daddy had to fire the butler that very afternoon for moping around with a face like a smacked arse, so Jeeves probably could relate to my bad day.

Getting punched/slapped in the face. A lot of people need this.

citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

I'm beginning to think it is less common nowadays.

Humans are no different than dogs, we need reward/punishment to shape our behavior. You can look at a mfer and tell they've miraculously escaped an ass-whooping far too many times.

Sex
Competitive sport with a close-knit team
Traveling
Music concert
Fishing (many people think they wouldn't like it until they fight nice, fat, feisty fish)
Doing a good deed

Sex
Competitive sport with a close-knit team
Traveling
Music concert
Fishing (many people think they wouldn't like it until they fight nice, fat, feisty fish)
Doing a good deed

I still want to fish. I've only kinda done it once at a lake years ago. Didn't have the pops or grandpops to take me out to do it.

Back