What should a GOOD weekly training routine look like??

CQ

White Belt
Reaction score
I've just started taking/training in MMA around the beginning of August w/ Macaco's Gold Team camp in Houston. I'm lovin' it as of far and I feel I want to compete in the near future. Of course I could ask the guys at the gym and Macaco himself but I thought I'd start out on the boards first!

I'm wondering what does your weekly training routine look like? At the moment I'm training MMA 1 hr each day Mon-Thurs afternoons. Every day is not the same. Some days we have technique training, others grappling, and then circuit training. I'm not sure if there is a pattern during the week or not...I'll have to PAY ATTENTION!

I'm just interested to see a variety of training routines! Aside from the the afternoon training, what should I do in the morning to get me going?

Any input is appreciated!!

Thanks!

What type of training are you referring to?

MMA. I'm interested in what you're routines look like. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what I can do before the mornings on days of training and on non training days. Should I incorporate lifting weights and if so how can I do it properly?

MMA. I'm interested in what you're routines look like. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what I can do before the mornings on days of training and on non training days. Should I incorporate lifting weights and if so how can I do it properly?

Have you read the (new and improved) FAQ? It'll answer many questions, especially ones that are asked frequently.

DON'T READ THE FAQ! I did, and it has been absolutely worthless for my post count.

2798630301_b9ca444dde.jpg

Do a routine that addresses your needs, if you are weak or are very strong or you have a great gas tank or gas out in 5 min you should improve that weakness and maintain your strengths.

If you just started you should just do as much MMA training as possible. Don`t even bother with weights or conditioning for the first year. Spend all yout time and energy on the mats.

Back