What Retired UFC Fighter Do You Miss The Most?

Matt Hughes for me, miss watching him finish fuckers with his wrasslin.

Hughes for sure. Seeing him beat Trigg, twice, was awesome. Also one of two legit guys to have a victory over GSP, and the other guy who beat GSP. Legend.

1 - Randy Couture.
2 - Sakuraba.
3 - Mark Kerr.
4 - Maurice Smith.
5 - GSP.
6 - Frank Shamrock.
7 - Carlos Newton.
8 - Genki Sudo.
9 - Chris Lytle.
10 - Jason Delucia.
11 - Oleg Taktarov.
12 - Matt Serra.
13 - Renzo Gracie.
14 - Ricardo Almeida.
15 - Kenny Florian.
16 - Marco Ruas.
17 - Kimo Leopoldo.

Chuck Liddell and Shane Carwin. Those guys had crazy power.

King of the Streets FTW! Every once in a while somebody speaks up on here that actually remembers shit. Always nice to see.

For me it's Bas Rutten. He was ahead of his time, it sucks that his prime was spent mashing guys in Pancrase and not matching up with guys like Anderson Silva and Machida. I don't think I know of a more cerebral fighter in the ring, he would actually listen to his opponent's corner and implement whatever they were calling for, to confuse them. Just, for him to be such a good striker, much better than the vast majority of guys you see today even some at the top of their divisions, and to show such an aptitude for grappling so close to the career ending injuries that he suffered is just a shame. One of the only guys I've ever seen legitimately beat someone to a pulp from guard.

Well you can look at this way, Bas would have had a very short career if he had gone that route because his knees were destroyed from fighting fairly early on. If He had been doing top competition he'd have hung it up sooner I think. Now i have all his pancrase fights to enjoy as well. I miss Oleg taktarov btw

Back