What really motivates people?

We are simply emotional beings... we love to believe we are rational and we are smarter than anybody else but in 99% of the cases thats not true, and no you are not part of that 1% you just like to believe you are.

Everything goes back to pain and pleasure, everything we do is because of pain and pleasure. So at its core we are motivated, we simply EXIST looking for pleasure and trying to avoid pain by all means necessary (unless you have been conditioned yourself to feel pleasure by inflicting yourself of physical pain but thats not another story )

What we relate pleasure to depends exclusively on how youve been conditioned mostly as a child to feel the most pleasure from, and this is where parents can condition their kids with great things or they can fuck another human being....MOST humans vibrate negatively and MOST humans have absolutely no fucking idea of these 2 paragraphs that I just explained so in most cases parents wont do a personal exercise of saying "ok how am I fucked up as a human and how could I condition this kid better than I am"....lol nope they wont do that AT ALL! they will conditions their kids with their OWN fears and with their OWN traumas.

So what motivates people? well at its core its pain and pleasure and individually whatever the hell their parents have conditioned them to feel pain and pleasure from... since most of the western world is fucked up with negatively paradigms, emotions and lifestyle well nowadays in most cases that could be things like money, status, feeling superior, very egotistical things, stuff like that.

You’ve basically explained Buddhism.
1. Suffering is a part of life.
2. We suffer because of ignorance.
3. There’s a path out.
4. Follow the path.

Acceptance. In short, childhood it leads to a chance to be praised. Which leads to the chance for love. Then triggers the urge for financial stabilty. After adulthood the search for contentment.

At the elementary school where I work, we have an elaborate system of rewards (Dino dollars) for doing things like being nice on the playground, being responsible in the library, or wearing a blue shirt for autism awareness week.

You gon get sued, sherbro.

2XvCgau.png

A friend of mine is a successful doctor. He told me that the only reason he became a doctor was to find a hot chick to marry. He accomplished his goal. Eventually she left him. She took the two houses and a 5 figure monthly alimony check. I’m not saying this is your situation. I just think some people’s motivation have been misplaced. Good luck.
It's like many nurses go in the profession to find a rich doctor.

Do you think people are motivated by carrots and sticks?

upload_2018-9-3_0-53-24.gif
That’s a pretty strange.. example?

Anyway, to answer your question - nothing.

Unless I’m on cocaine.

When I am, I become the definition of motivation, confidence, and masculinity.

I take a few lines, pick up a few prostitutes and I’m like Pablo Escobar.. but in reality I’m just a depressed piece of shit.

Last edited:
Knowing their effort will guarantee fair reward. Unfortunately, that's not how the world works. And this is why there are so many unmotivated people in the world.

Back