What really happened to HW boxing?

The large talented black athletes are no longer competing in the sport. Just look the list of klitschko opponents and they are all mainly short podgy bums who also lack talent. There are no fighers with the size and athletic ability of the klitschkos where in the past they were common especially in the 80s, 90s.

The large talented black athletes are no longer competing in the sport. Just look the list of klitschko opponents and they are all mainly short podgy bums who also lack talent. There are no fighers with the size and athletic ability of the klitschkos where in the past they were common especially in the 80s, 90s.

Lol. 6'6, 250 athletic freaks (other than Lennox) have NEVER existed in the heavyweight division.

Lol. 6'6, 250 athletic freaks (other than Lennox) have NEVER existed in the heavyweight division.

i didnt mean they have to be 6'6 but at least 6'3 and athletic, like david hayne. how many of them do we see around these days?

Nothing happened to HW boxing, it just tried to get away from c

Jameel McCline

He wasn't that good, but he existed.

JAMEEL_MCCLINE_1.jpg

While its popularity decreased in the US its still pretty big everywhere else.

All it takes is for one marketable champion from the US to win a title and it will probably be back.

And don't bring up the Klitschko brothers, hardly anybody knows who they are, at least in the US.

Are less big guys getting into HW boxing, or is it just that there are no stars at all, so nobody cares anything about them?

Has there ever been a time in the last hundred years that HW boxing has become so irrelevent?

Not my fault that every dicktard's sports knowledge starts and ends with Sportscenter.

There's plenty going on in HW boxing. But unless it gets plastered onto cans of Burger King Chocolate Chip Extreme Energy Drink, people like you won't give a fuck.

Boxing requires toughness
lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

Boxing requires toughness
lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

Lebron and other star middle school and high school athletes are pampered as hell. No way they want to strap on a pair of gloves and go one on one with someone because they never had to fend for themselves because they had coaches, recruiters, parents and other people kissing their ass since they were 14 or 15.

I don't think it has deteriorated (I used to, but no more). Americans are simply not interested in it anymore, that's what happened.

Most of Muhammad Ali's opponents were US-Americans. Look at Wladimir Klitschko's past 10 opponents. They come from all over the planet, but americans don't care. Guys like David Haye, Tony Thompson, Alexander Povetkin and Samuel Peter won't be remembered like the US-HWs from the 1970ies even though they're not better or worse.

Was Earnie Shavers a better puncher than Peters? Was Norton a better boxer than Povetkin? And what does Jimmy Young have on David Haye? If Ali (from the 1970ies) fought Vitali Klitschko, I'd pick Vitali.

Back