What questions do you have for CAIO TERRA?

TheBJJProfessor

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey F12,

I have an upcoming interview with Caio Terra and I'd love to field some questions that you all have been wondering about!

If you had one question to ask Caio, what would it be:confused:

If you have any questions for Caio, please post them up here and I'll be sure to ask as many as I can!

Last edited:
Cool interview!

My question is whether he sees an evolution currently happening in strategies for guard passing in the gi, and what he thinks the direction is.

Awesome interview. My two questions:

1. Traditionally, BJJ has been about "position before submission." But today many competitors are sacrificing traditional positions in favor of rolling joint locks or chokes, which they use to control their opponents. Does it still make sense to draw a clear line between "positions" and "submissions" in modern grappling?

2. Two of today's most successful competitors, the Mendes Brothers, are strong proponents of guards that allow bottom players to control the amount of distance between them and their opponents. How would you respond to someone who argues that guards with this attribute, such as De La Riva and X-Guard, are inherently superior to positions like deep half guard, which do not?

How does he feel about his pro league performance.

Sigh. Am I really going to have to be "that" guy? Fine. Whatever.

What does he think of rubber guard?

He hates steroids and his diet is notoriously bad. How often/hard does he train, and does he find that he has trouble recovering?

Awesome interview. My two questions:

1. Traditionally, BJJ has been about "position before submission." But today many competitors are sacrificing traditional positions in favor of rolling joint locks or chokes, which they use to control their opponents. Does it still make sense to draw a clear line between "positions" and "submissions" in modern grappling?

2. Two of today's most successful competitors, the Mendes Brothers, are strong proponents of guards that allow bottom players to control the amount of distance between them and their opponents. How would you respond to someone who argues that guards with this attribute, such as De La Riva and X-Guard, are inherently superior to positions like deep half guard, which do not?

Good questions.

I want to know how he came to train Condit, and if he thought Cesar would flip out when he made the decision to do so. Also, how does he feel about Cesar's comments and what bearing does that have on his career?

What is your happiest childhood memory?

How good will Jiu Jitsu be in 50 years? What is its future?

Will Jiu Jitsu ever evolve in MMA?

on topic.. 1. WHen did you figure you were going to devote everything to the sport and when did you feel that you have "arrived"
2. is there anyone that you have a grudge against or hate competing against.

off topic... What do you do For FUN????(NON bjj related)

would you be up for a super-fight with rafael? that would totally be the tits.

would you be up for a super-fight with rafael? that would totally be the tits.

For the 20 seconds before Caio got subbed it would be fun to watch. That is, if you don't particularly like Caio Terra.

Get his thoughts on how BJJ has changed since he started training.

What was his 1st expossure to BJJ?

Has he ever used his BJJ in a street/self defense situation?

Does he think BJJ is for everyone, or is it primarily for fighting/fighters?

Does he think the future for BJJ is growth as a sport, and regression of a self defense system or art?

Has recent MMA painted BJJ in a light that is not as flattering as it once was, with many fighters being very well rounded, it would appear BJJ is not a complete art?

What does he think of the gracie academy's opinion of most BJJ schools focusing on a sportive techniques/philosophies for the begging of training, then adding the self defense stuff later almost as a final hurdle to brown/black belt. Is this an accurate accessment, and why has this method become the standard?

Last edited:
Would you ask him to call me? I haven't talked to him in a while...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back