What Quarterbacks do you think have/had an unfair shake in NFL??

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Carol Baskin's ex-Husband, Dec 10, 2020.

1. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Too early to put Burrow on this list?

volodya and PolishHeadlock2 like this.
  2. dutch18022 Blue Belt

I agree I think Tony was great. And I told everyone when he gets healthy they need to start him. Dak was looking like a game manger, and Tony record was like great the last 2 seasons. But sometimes the NFL promotes people. Dak should have never been ROY not with Elliott there. And on a side note. The Lions got screwed by Cowboys way harder that play-offs than y’all’s no catch

3. Execute Gold Belt Platinum Member

I honestly can't believe there's people actually saying Tim Tebow unironically. That team was loaded. There's no way any of these idiots watch football.

Bamboozled, TonOdanK and INeedARemedy like this.
  4. Fugazy Aka Ferrari Houseshoes

Mike Vick

5. JSN choo-CHOO!

Doug Flutie got shafted because of anti-mallet bias.

He was cast aside by the NFL, went on to become the CFL GOAT laying with the Canada Rough Riders, and he finally got a bit of-laying time when he was old and did quite well with the Buffalo Bills, which is a garbage organization.

6. Grave Saver ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

Inside Dizzy's head, sad ugly place that it is
  7. Finding Deebo Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!! Platinum Member

Nope, had him on the list when the Bengals drafted him....

;)

8. Lethal_Striker Gold Belt

Chase Daniel never really got a fair chance to be a starter.

9. Rand M Arthur Green Belt

Tim Tebow never not a fair shake IMO.

Also, Sam Bradford had how many different coaches with different schemes to learn? How many shitty O-lines? How many busted drafts?

By the time they got him decent weapons he was a jittery CTE'd shell of himself. It's a miracle Steven Jackson was able to put up such prolific numbers on that offense.

10. brackis1 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

lol I stumbled into a Tim Tebow bukkake fest apparently. (and the usual clowns taking hot loads from their fav white QBs while going out of their way to go after Newton and Kaep shocker!)
    But yes tell us more about how the guy who got 5 seasons on 4 different teams was cheated out of a fair shake for not having teams continue to cater their entire franchise to a mediocre QB with no throwing ability where one injury makes the entire franchise crumble.

XFL seems to have given a few guys a shot (PJ Walker, Cardale, Taamu) but probably would have been great for guys like Josh Johnson if it existed 10 years ago.
    A little bowling ball QB like BJ Daniels comes to mind.
    Or even better Brad Banks

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  11. brackis1 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

lol the guy is the definition of someone who is happy as a career backup.
    He is simply not physically good enough to win and lead a franchise over multiple seasons, and calling someone who is literally one of the longest tenured QBs as "never getting a look" doesn't fit with the ethos of the thread

12. HydraCap3 #Brady Banned

13. Smoke Detector Battery Titanium Belt

Also played well in San Diego.

TBF Doug Flutie did get a playoff start with with a prime Bears team in teh 80s before going to the CFL.

14. Smoke Detector Battery Titanium Belt

master of the wishbone at Oklahoma, JC Watts ended up in one of the best championship games i can remember in Warren Moon's last game in Canada.

[​IMG]

Rand M Arthur likes this.
  15. Kingz Gold Belt

Kaep opted out of his contract with the Niners. He wasn’t cut. He probably would’ve been cut the season before if not for his stunt. I remember the local SF talking heads betting on when he would get shitcanned so the Niners didn’t have to pay his ridiculous contract, it wasn’t a question of if, but when...then somebody noticed he was sitting during the anthem supposedly in regards to racial justice and it so happens Chip Kelly had already been baselessly accused of racism, so they had to stick with Kaep. Remember, he was behind Blaine freakin Gabbert.

Shortest prime ever. He doesn’t want to come back. No way he wants to come back with all the pressure to back up talks that he’s a good quarterback. It’s either a team has a better QB or they have somebody they feel has the potential to be a better QB. He ain’t coming back for backup money either.

which brings me to my answer to this thread

One ALEX SMITH..was having a strong season when a 2 game concussion protocol against his will gave way to that flash in the pan. Would’ve won it all the year before if not for Kyle Williams. He had actually won games in Seattle. He already had Green Bay’s number too and that’s about the only team Kaep owned. No super bowl vs Baltimore would get out of hand requiring some gas guzzling comeback with a smart and steady QB like A Smith.

People say Kaep made the big plays but in the end not having the game manager like Alex Smith is what buried that great Harbaugh squad and our great defense.

Kaep was feast or famine. Either a quick score or a three and out..the defense would get worn down weather the Niners were scoring or not...and it showed its rotten fruit not 2 years later when our legendary linebackers and basically the entire defense retired even though they were all young. Of course, Kaepernick had the shelf life of the typical running QB who has no passing accuracy. Less than two years. Race hustling is a better long term career anyway.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  16. Jackie Blue Gold Belt

*Like*

<BC1>

Also Tebow sucked so much that Bortles was fucking Dan Marino compared to him. Tebow had a completion % well below 50%. I mean, you've got to go back to like the worst starting quarterbacks from the 50s and 60s to see completion rates that low. The league average when Tebow played was always over 60%. He was 47.9%. The league average hasn't been that low since 1955. He was over 55 years behind the times.

There was no point in passing the ball if you had less than a 50% chance of success. The average this season is close to 2/3, which is why teams throw the ball so much. I have no idea why so many guys in this thread are trying to suck Tebow off. He was so below average he was off the charts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/passing.htm

Bamboozled likes this.
  17. Jackie Blue Gold Belt

*Like*

I really don't get it. Literally how do you have a completion % under 50% (or 48% in his case) in the 2010s? The last time the league average dipped below 50% was 1955, and it was over 50% the previous two seasons before then. WTF can you do with a QB who can't even guarantee you success half the time when you throw the ball? The other teams were getting success 60% to 2/3 of the time, and even 70% of the time with a few outliers like Brees. His ineptitude was off the charts. Decision making and accuracy are the most important qualities for a quarterback by far.

brackis1 likes this.
  18. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho Platinum Member

I don't believe Kurt Warner magically got better from NFL Europe or Arena.

You don't come in and immediately start shitting on every team in the league without being a dope talent the whole time

19. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Kurt Warner is the example of "pre-draft rankings are sometimes a fucking joke".

Jackie Blue likes this.
  20. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho Platinum Member

yes it was

LT had exactly one, count em, one Pro Bowl linemen in his 7-8 year prime. If anything HE is the most underrated player in NFL history.

Rivers being the most immobile QB quite possibly in NFL history certainly didn't help the matter
    edit: for reference, and i forgot the C so he had one year with two and thats it haha
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/all-pros.htm

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021