What Quarterbacks do you think have/had an unfair shake in NFL??

Tony Romo had a wasted career. I'm a huge Dallas fan, and even I could see that all those years we were 8-8 was only because Tony was our QB, had he not been those years were 3-13.

For whatever reason the Seattle disaster, while occurring when Tony was very young, haunted him his entire career, and created the illusion that he was a choke artist.

When Dallas put decent players around Tony he was considered elite, that year with DeMarco Murray, the all universe O-Line, and Dez we should have won the Superbowl, except the officiating fucked Dez from the catch against Greenbay.

By the time Stephan Jones developed a good squad around Tony his body was already spent, and that lead Dak's phenomenal rookie year. Now if Dak Prescott could produce that years results, what would Tony Romo have done? I'm cringing just thinking about Dak Prescott's passing game against Tony Romo's.
I agree I think Tony was great. And I told everyone when he gets healthy they need to start him. Dak was looking like a game manger, and Tony record was like great the last 2 seasons. But sometimes the NFL promotes people. Dak should have never been ROY not with Elliott there. And on a side note. The Lions got screwed by Cowboys way harder that play-offs than y’all’s no catch

What evidence do you need? Broncos dumped Tebow and they went to two superbowls, winning one. Lmao. Tebow was out of the league shortly after. Bortles? Lmao. Do you watch the games? There’s a reason why he’s on the practice squad these days.

I honestly can't believe there's people actually saying Tim Tebow unironically. That team was loaded. There's no way any of these idiots watch football.

Doug Flutie got shafted because of anti-mallet bias.

He was cast aside by the NFL, went on to become the CFL GOAT laying with the Canada Rough Riders, and he finally got a bit of-laying time when he was old and did quite well with the Buffalo Bills, which is a garbage organization.

Tim Tebow never not a fair shake IMO.

Also, Sam Bradford had how many different coaches with different schemes to learn? How many shitty O-lines? How many busted drafts?

By the time they got him decent weapons he was a jittery CTE'd shell of himself. It's a miracle Steven Jackson was able to put up such prolific numbers on that offense.

lol I stumbled into a Tim Tebow bukkake fest apparently. (and the usual clowns taking hot loads from their fav white QBs while going out of their way to go after Newton and Kaep shocker!)
But yes tell us more about how the guy who got 5 seasons on 4 different teams was cheated out of a fair shake for not having teams continue to cater their entire franchise to a mediocre QB with no throwing ability where one injury makes the entire franchise crumble.

XFL seems to have given a few guys a shot (PJ Walker, Cardale, Taamu) but probably would have been great for guys like Josh Johnson if it existed 10 years ago.
A little bowling ball QB like BJ Daniels comes to mind.
Or even better Brad Banks

Last edited:
Chase Daniel never really got a fair chance to be a starter.
lol the guy is the definition of someone who is happy as a career backup.
He is simply not physically good enough to win and lead a franchise over multiple seasons, and calling someone who is literally one of the longest tenured QBs as "never getting a look" doesn't fit with the ethos of the thread

Doug Flutie got shafted because of anti-mallet bias.

He was cast aside by the NFL, went on to become the CFL GOAT laying with the Canada Rough Riders, and he finally got a bit of-laying time when he was old and did quite well with the Buffalo Bills, which is a garbage organization.

Also played well in San Diego.

TBF Doug Flutie did get a playoff start with with a prime Bears team in teh 80s before going to the CFL.

master of the wishbone at Oklahoma, JC Watts ended up in one of the best championship games i can remember in Warren Moon's last game in Canada.

future-rep-jc-watts-as-an-ottawa-rough-rider-football-player-picture-id50317317

Kapernick got screwed. He was the 17th rated QB in the NFL on a team with perhaps the worst offense in the league and on it's third coach in three years. Got cut and blackballed.

Kaep opted out of his contract with the Niners. He wasn’t cut. He probably would’ve been cut the season before if not for his stunt. I remember the local SF talking heads betting on when he would get shitcanned so the Niners didn’t have to pay his ridiculous contract, it wasn’t a question of if, but when...then somebody noticed he was sitting during the anthem supposedly in regards to racial justice and it so happens Chip Kelly had already been baselessly accused of racism, so they had to stick with Kaep. Remember, he was behind Blaine freakin Gabbert.

Shortest prime ever. He doesn’t want to come back. No way he wants to come back with all the pressure to back up talks that he’s a good quarterback. It’s either a team has a better QB or they have somebody they feel has the potential to be a better QB. He ain’t coming back for backup money either.

which brings me to my answer to this thread

One ALEX SMITH..was having a strong season when a 2 game concussion protocol against his will gave way to that flash in the pan. Would’ve won it all the year before if not for Kyle Williams. He had actually won games in Seattle. He already had Green Bay’s number too and that’s about the only team Kaep owned. No super bowl vs Baltimore would get out of hand requiring some gas guzzling comeback with a smart and steady QB like A Smith.

People say Kaep made the big plays but in the end not having the game manager like Alex Smith is what buried that great Harbaugh squad and our great defense.

Kaep was feast or famine. Either a quick score or a three and out..the defense would get worn down weather the Niners were scoring or not...and it showed its rotten fruit not 2 years later when our legendary linebackers and basically the entire defense retired even though they were all young. Of course, Kaepernick had the shelf life of the typical running QB who has no passing accuracy. Less than two years. Race hustling is a better long term career anyway.

Last edited:
Lmao @ Tebow and Bortles. Both were complete garbage.
*Like*

<BC1>

Also Tebow sucked so much that Bortles was fucking Dan Marino compared to him. Tebow had a completion % well below 50%. I mean, you've got to go back to like the worst starting quarterbacks from the 50s and 60s to see completion rates that low. The league average when Tebow played was always over 60%. He was 47.9%. The league average hasn't been that low since 1955. He was over 55 years behind the times.

There was no point in passing the ball if you had less than a 50% chance of success. The average this season is close to 2/3, which is why teams throw the ball so much. I have no idea why so many guys in this thread are trying to suck Tebow off. He was so below average he was off the charts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/passing.htm

lol I stumbled into a Tim Tebow bukkake fest apparently. (and the usual clowns taking hot loads from their fav white QBs while going out of their way to go after Newton and Kaep shocker!)
But yes tell us more about how the guy who got 5 seasons on 4 different teams was cheated out of a fair shake for not having teams continue to cater their entire franchise to a mediocre QB with no throwing ability where one injury makes the entire franchise crumble.

XFL seems to have given a few guys a shot (PJ Walker, Cardale, Taamu) but probably would have been great for guys like Josh Johnson if it existed 10 years ago.
A little bowling ball QB like BJ Daniels comes to mind.
Or even better Brad Banks
*Like*

I really don't get it. Literally how do you have a completion % under 50% (or 48% in his case) in the 2010s? The last time the league average dipped below 50% was 1955, and it was over 50% the previous two seasons before then. WTF can you do with a QB who can't even guarantee you success half the time when you throw the ball? The other teams were getting success 60% to 2/3 of the time, and even 70% of the time with a few outliers like Brees. His ineptitude was off the charts. Decision making and accuracy are the most important qualities for a quarterback by far.

I don't believe Kurt Warner magically got better from NFL Europe or Arena.

You don't come in and immediately start shitting on every team in the league without being a dope talent the whole time
Kurt Warner is the example of "pre-draft rankings are sometimes a fucking joke".

LT, Ryan Mathews, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, Keenan Allen. They had good/solid defenses at least early in his career

Was their line shit and I wasn't paying attention?
yes it was

LT had exactly one, count em, one Pro Bowl linemen in his 7-8 year prime. If anything HE is the most underrated player in NFL history.

Rivers being the most immobile QB quite possibly in NFL history certainly didn't help the matter
edit: for reference, and i forgot the C so he had one year with two and thats it haha
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/all-pros.htm

Last edited:
Back