What Quarterbacks do you think have/had an unfair shake in NFL??

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Carol Baskin's ex-Husband, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Finding Deebo Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!! Platinum Member

I was just thinking about how Tom Brady's career would've turned out if he got drafted to another team and buried on a depth chart. I like to think he'd get picked up but being a back-up on a team with a good/great QB that doesn't get injured too badly might have not afforded him the opportunity to show who he was. So in short, there was probably some luck with how his career turned out, which makes me think that on the flipside, there's probably some guys that could've been great that simply didn't have things shake out their way. Who comes to mind for you?

2. Smoke Detector Battery Titanium Belt

A lot of black QBs in the late 70s and 80s that had to go to the CFL (Canadian football).

3. marioh Red Belt

[​IMG]
    I grew up when black QB's were finally getting their fair chance. Kind of comical how the racism in the NFL lasted that long in regards to the QB position.

4. Omegaboy13 Sweepin' Your Leg

Current or recent...

Ryan Tannehill: Once he got on a decent team he's been playing great.

Blake Bortles: Great QB. No one could have saved Jax at that point.

Tim Tebow: Say what you will about his wounded duck pass, personal beliefs, or him not jiving personally with other players.... When that guy was on the field, sometimes he would make magic happen.

5. jm5000 Orange Belt

Sam darnold with no talent on offense around him and about to be replaced by lawrence. Im sure hell get a chance to shine elsewhere eventually though

6. TheRash Green Belt

Tony Romo had a wasted career. I'm a huge Dallas fan, and even I could see that all those years we were 8-8 was only because Tony was our QB, had he not been those years were 3-13.

For whatever reason the Seattle disaster, while occurring when Tony was very young, haunted him his entire career, and created the illusion that he was a choke artist.

When Dallas put decent players around Tony he was considered elite, that year with DeMarco Murray, the all universe O-Line, and Dez we should have won the Superbowl, except the officiating fucked Dez from the catch against Greenbay.

By the time Stephan Jones developed a good squad around Tony his body was already spent, and that lead Dak's phenomenal rookie year. Now if Dak Prescott could produce that years results, what would Tony Romo have done? I'm cringing just thinking about Dak Prescott's passing game against Tony Romo's.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  7. Finding Deebo Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!! Platinum Member

How about Josh Rosen?

8. Finding Deebo Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!! Platinum Member

I'll take either....Good ones you listed though....

9. crabmeat Blue Belt

Yup. Denver was 1-3 with Orton. He got them to the second round of the playoffs against NE. Yes, he did have a pretty shitty completion rating, and fumbled quite a bit. However, he was clutch at the right moments. They got Manning and at that was that. He got to the Jets and go to watch Sanchez play like shit. Nobody really had plans for the guy.

ProPROpro likes this.
  10. Omegaboy13 Sweepin' Your Leg

Can you imagine if they actually built a system around him? Wildcat Offense or something? That's what they did when he was a Gator.

They always said he was shitty in practice. Cue Allen Iverson video, "We talking about practice?!"

volodya, Papi Chulo and ProPROpro like this.
  11. TapSnapBreak A Lion Never Roars After A Kill

Thought I was in the sports bar for a second

12. sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt Platinum Member

I'm a Giants fan. My late friend was a huge Dallas fan. I would help him defend Tony Romo all day. "He's a fantasy player. Big numbers but he chokes. He can't pull them out when he needs to." Motherfucker put up 400+ yes passing 4TDs passing and another one rushing. How in the hell did they get in a position where he had to bail them out of anything?

TheRash likes this.
  13. ProPROpro Purple Belt

I feel like Denver (and everyone) missed out on a potentially great opportunity with Tebow.

Tim would have brought in a TON of money/profit for the team (money they could potentially use to bring in better players and coaches?). He would've also brought in a lot of media attention that could be parlayed into additional profits and perks.

I think they should have taken things slowly with Tim, work on developing the team over several years. Bring in a couple strong players to make up for weak points on offense. Have a decent run game to compliment Tim and take some pressure off of his shoulders. You might suck at first, but keep working on improving your team and plays.

With great risk comes great reward.

Batjester and Krixes like this.
  14. Finding Deebo Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!! Platinum Member

Kinda think Troy Smith was another one with Baltimore. Didn't get too much time starting before Flacco was the guy....

15. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

I wonder how Bledsoe's career would have gone if he didn't get that collapsed lung that brought Tom in the game.

Finding Deebo likes this.
  16. Smoke Detector Battery Titanium Belt

Definitely, but there many other greats. The NFL's loss was our gain in Canada.

Chuck Ealey

[​IMG]

Condredge Holloway (first Black QB to start in the SEC)

[​IMG]

Gilbert Renfro

[​IMG]

Roy Dewalt

[​IMG]

Damon Allen (Marcus Allen's brother)

[​IMG]

17. THEfightsAREfixed you can do it

a million times tebow, also pretty disgusting how they turned the same kneel that was for giving glory to god became about dividing people with racist rhetoric almost as if its the same technique used over and over

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  18. MarkyMcFly Silver Belt

I just came here to say Tebow sucks

19. TheRash Green Belt

Anyone saying that Tim Tebow was given a fair shake is just lying.

20. Corona GOAT

my mans Can Newton wasn’t dealt a terrible hand but the canthers did a pretty shitty job protecting him and giving him weapons. His arm is now shot and he’s dealt with tons of injuries. His prime was definitely cut short thanks to the franchises incompetence in regards to protecting their qb. Same goes for Andrew luck.

PolishHeadlock2 likes this.