What position do you hate to be in.

being sprawled on HARD and sidemount; the two positions I have to work the most to get out of. Its not that I'm in bad shape; I'm a wrestler. Its just I don't like having to fight to get the underhook and while making sure he doesn't switch to North South or go for a sub.

At first I hated finding myself in the full mount. Then the knee to belly was the most uncomfortable. Both have simple escaped the Mount is somewhat easy to buck and roll and shrimp put of the Knee to belly. Now, I dread finding myself in the guard. I mean bieng in the guard of a good blue or average purple belt. It is like I better pass the guard otherwise I am going to find myself triangled or armbarred. So whenever I find myself in someone good's guard I am at my worst.

I'd have to say being on the bottom in side mount

I'm a pretty relaxed roller, so being in a "bad position" doesn't bother me much. the ones that really bother me are when some of the "chunkier" rollers do what I call "fat on me." Some mentioned previously when a really large guy has you in north/south and no matter where you turn there's fat on you. or side mount when the new heavier guy ignores the repeated instructions of "chest to chest, chest to chest.. NO! chest to CHEST........... that isn't your chest.." and just lays his gut on your head. It's really easy to get out of when they do this, but it's just so annoying. It reminds me of the movie "Along Came Polly" when ben stiller is trying to guard that really hairy guy in basketball. It's just not a pleasant situation to be in, especially if they don't have rash guards or undershirts and their gi gets a little loose..

ugh, I start shrimping/bumping automatically just thinking about it.

I hate being side controlled and I hate having guard pulled.

A funny thing happened to me today. I was rolling with this awesome purple belt. We went at if for an intense 5 minutes. I was huffin and puffin. During the roll my belt came untied and my Gi was open. Finally, he got my back. He got the hooks in and I was defending the RNC. Instead of choking me he pulled my Gi from behind me and suffocated me with it. He told me that whenever somebody loses thier belt during the roll. They are in way more danger than they think.

i just hate being in someone's guard.... whether he has a good guard or a bad one I HATE BEING IN THEIR GUARD

Zankou said:
Scarf hold and north south are the two most difficult to get out of.
I agree, these 2 positions are a bitch to escape from with a gi, as there are handles to hold the pin. They are definitely escapable in no-gi.

I would say a good Side Control overall, but recently I find myself having issues with peoples Open Guard.

Back