What pisses you off more; failing a drug test or constantly failing to make weight?

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Lesnar%2Bvs%2BMark%2BHunt.jpg

johny-hendricks-hands-ufc-207-official-weigh-ins.jpg

I'm a candidate for both so point in being pissed off

Failing a drug test pisses me off way more. I can see how someone can miss weight one time if an injury prevents them from training. Although it is insanely disrespectful to your opponent who had to cut weight and now fight a bigger fighter who didn't have to work as hard to cut down, I see how some of these guys rationalize it in their heads. They think because they drained their body trying to cut the weight, or cause they had some small injury that prevented a 'perfect camp', that missing weight isn't that big of deal. But it is a big deal, and should be dealt with accordingly.

If you roid you should surrender 100% of your purse to the opposing fighter. If you miss weight you should surrender 50%.

Failing drug test is a greater offense in my book. That said, Bigg Rigg pisses me off regularly (of late).

Weight, no question. Just pisses me right off!

#GUERNICAbless

missing weight one time could be forgivable.Being an alvez,gastelum or hendricks is infuriating. Also it depends on what PED they were on and what they say about it.

Both should at least destroy your ranking.

Say you're #2 and you get caught juicing? You're unranked now, have fun fighting 3-4 people to get back in the top 15 after your suspension.

You're #2 and you miss weight? You lost half your purse and now you drop to #4 even if you win.

Failing a drug test is intentionally cheating.

Missing weight can be caused by adversity - injury, sickness etc. Or just poor planning, which is also better than intentionally cheating.

Your OP pictures are misleading. Brock only popped once, Hendricks missed weight repeatedly.

Josh Barnett vs. Johny Hendricks would be fairer.

Drug tests. I don't think any fighter deliberately makes the decision "I'm gonna miss weight for this fight", sure it's undisciplined but no one wants to lose a fraction of their fight purse

With PEDs, the fighter makes the deliberate decision "I'm gonna cheat for this fight"

Failing a drug test is almost always deliberately cheating to gain an unfair advantage.

Missing weight more than once is still trying to gain an unfair advantage, but through a legal method.

They have the right systems in place for the drug cheats now, but not for the chronic weight missers. It needs to be fixed.

Neither bothers me. I accepted the fact that everyone's on roids years ago, and weight classes are for pussies

The only time missing weight is bad is when you miss it by over 5 pounds like Cowboy Oliveira. Otherwise cheating is way worse

Back