What people don't get about Erick Silva is that he's getting thrown to the wolves.

Hopefully we see.

I think the Dong of today has even less for a top 5 fighter but is great to watch against top 30 guys.

If he fucks around like he did against Hathaway he will get laid out in no time.

True true, but I think the mental game for DHK is what's gunna propel him into a potential top 5 ranking.

The problem is that the UFC want to make this guy a star. The only way to do that is to put him in big fights. He's not exactly young so they needed to rush him. They believed their own hype and put him in their against a declining Fitch, hoping Silva would win and catapult him into title shot contention. That didn't work out. They realized that maybe he wasn't ready for a top 10 guy yet.

So they fed him a can to recharge the hype and then put him against a decent top 15 fighter in DHK... that didn't work.

Then they fed him another can to recharge the hype again and then put him against another decent top 15 fighter in Matt Brown... that didn't work.

Now they are shit out of luck with this guy. It's obvious he's not good enough to beat the top 12 or 13 fighters in the division. But the UFC still has delusional hopes that he can be star. I wouldn't be surprised if they give him another ranked opponent hoping some kind of upset will happen. It is really the only way they can push Silva as some contender.

I think he can be the champ in Bellator. I think. I also think he would crack against thr toughest they have to offer too.

Back