What part of your stand up do you need to improve the most?

Big Nasty Edison

Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone thinks is their weakest point in their stand up?

Mine is obviously head movement. I have little ability in this area. It sucks because I haven't had training partners for a while, and the bag can't throw strikes for me to slip.

My biggest thing is being more aggressive. When I'm in the ring sparring I tend to take too many shots without returning fire. As my Ajahn says "make more offense!".

both of those, plus just plain relaxing.. i get so nervous n hopped up on fear...

I need to work on being more aggressive. I tend to relax to much and wait for an opening to place my shots, which in turn makes me more of a counter fighter. Not that it doesn

All of it :p The thing I would most like to improve is blocking, slipping, etc.

head movement, would be great being able to Pernell Whitaker some pros in sparring or a fight if was confident enough. that and overall defense, there's always room for improvement

My biggest thing is being more aggressive. When I'm in the ring sparring I tend to take too many shots without returning fire. As my Ajahn says "make more offense!".

I have this sort of a problem. I think it is due to sparing with heavy dudes too often. I'm 145lbs & sparing with 200+lbs guys make me defensive. They can KO me even over guard.

Don't have fckin edit because of the dubbs.

Bigger problem is when I go into fire exchange with them :)

Trading hands in the pocket. I'm more of a stick and move guy.

Im really good at bobbing and weaving, have really good defense and can get inside, but when i get there i dont let my hands go like i should. I just throw a body shot or 2 and thats about it.

My stand-up sucks, so everything; I mostly have speed and power in my hands, and I'm hard to hit. But fundamentally I'm lacking alot.

I tense up. Not relaxed at all. My cardio is bad. As a result I lose my breathe after the first min or so.

My stand-up sucks, so everything; I mostly have speed and power in my hands, and I'm hard to hit. But fundamentally I'm lacking alot.

Kinda this... But I'm great defensively, and I can always get the opportunity for a takedown. I just really need to work on my offense. Counter-punching is fun, but I want to have the guy backing up.

Confidence in boxing combinations, I tend to more throw out the jab to set up middle kicks. I'd rather clinch and knee when in the pocket than trade punches which is something I want to work on, as I would be much happier if I was better at staying in the pocket and boxing a bit more.

Back