What Part of HBK's Career Was The Best?

o'dubhlaoich

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Pre back injury retirement or his post back injury comeback?

Pre back injury highlights include first ladder match, first hell in the cell, first iron man match, just to name a few.

Post back injury highlights include winning first elimination chamber, best triple threat match ever IMHO with HHH and Benoit at Wrestlemania 20, two legendary Wrestlemania matches with Taker, and one of the best fueds in recent memory with Jericho punching his wife.

What say you? My vote goes to his career after the comeback.

The part where he peed on them chicks

Pre-back injury, for me. He had so many great matches as a single, while his Rockers(and to some extent, Midnight Rockers) stuff was also great.

I can't claim to have seen much of his comeback stuff, as my fandom had long since passed. I can tell you though, that I found his Wrestlemania matches with The Undertaker very tedious.

Pre-back injury, for me. He had so many great matches as a single, while his Rockers(and to some extent, Midnight Rockers) stuff was also great.

I can't claim to have seen much of his comeback stuff, as my fandom had long since passed. I can tell you though, that I found his Wrestlemania matches with The Undertaker very tedious.

What do you mean tedious?

He was great all around but his best was his classics with Bret.

Pre. HBKs first title run was filled with excellent matches. First run with dx was the best dx. Five star matches like the iron man and hell in a cell.

Pre. HBKs first title run was filled with excellent matches. First run with dx was the best dx. Five star matches like the iron man and hell in a cell.

Forgot about DX. I got in trouble at church camp for telling a counselor to suck it ala dx lol

His best run to me was the last 4-5 years when he was on the legends tour. His mania matches with Vince, Flair, Angle and Taker x2 were all highlights of the evening. I recall vaguely being entertained by his feud with Batista too. His match with hogan was classic.

First title run was underwhelming, he had trouble carrying the belt. I was into the buildup to his first title win though.

DX and putting Austin over was a great program.

Pre back injury he had excellent matches like
Razon at WM X and Summerslam, Marty Jennety on Raw 2x, Undertaker in HITC, Bret Hart Iron Man match & Survivor series 2x, Mankind @ In Your House, Diesel's last match

Post injury he had HHH unsanctioned match, Kurt Angle WM, both Undertaker matches at MW, Cena on Raw, Jericho at WM and HHH on Raw.

Either way hes the best wrestler all time imo

Preback injury when the business was still legit.

Pre-back injury all day. Rockers, turning heel on Janetty, ladder match with Razor, curtain call, rivalry with Bret, getting beat up by a Marine, losing his smile, DX, Montreal, putting over Austin at Mania, etc.

Last edited:
My favorite "part" was when he sh!t all over Hulk Hogan by way overselling during their match. I'm sure he was being all pissy because he had to lose to Hulk, so he took matters into his own hands. I loved every minute of it.

Definitely post injury Shawn.

I would go with pre back injury retirement.

Probably pre-injury. I think the high points were more consistent. After that you had some great moments like his mania matches, him kicking Shelton Benjamin out the air and of course the biggest pop i've heard when the crowd went absolutely mental for his victory in the elimination chamber against Triple H.

What do you mean tedious?
I think they were very much like what drove me away from wrestling as a teenager(besides the shows becoming 90% Rock catch phrases). Big move, lay down and sell, big move, lay down and sell, rinse and repeat. Just like every Triple H match that I can remember.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not sure why.

When he left. And cut his hair and got a real job.

Didn't he have 2 back injuries? There was the one where his last match for a long time was where Austin beat him for the title and then I seem to remember him leaving again and when he came back that time he was supposed to have just one match with HHH. HBK looked really thin because he'd lost a lot of muscle mass and he kept having more matches after the one with HHH but I don't remember the details. When he was gone during one of those back injuries wasn't that he HHH formed Evolution with Flair, Batista and Orton?

I think his best matches were with Bret Hart, especially the Iron Man match, and the triple threat matches with Benoit and HHH. Benoit won the title in one of the 2 triple threat matches. So I'd say both phases of his career were equally good.

Is the triple threat match where Benoit won the Title on the WWE internet service or do they refuse to show Benoit's matches? I thought both of those Triple Threat matches with Benoit, HHH and HBK were incredible.

Back