What other sports intrude on fighters with drug testing like the UFC?

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but I have read about people getting tested like 15 times, sometimes two days in a row, by people showing up at their doorstep at 6AM. Dragging them out of bed and making them piss and give blood. Now. Like the fucking police. Even if I am clean, this bothers me. It is intrusive and draconian. I wonder how the Diaz bros react to guys banging on their door at 6AM barking fucking orders. lol.

I am not defending steroids. I am just a paranoid person like Nick Diaz and when people are banging on my door at 6AM I think it is the fuckin police or something. My home is my castle. Do not bother me there.

Anyway, in what other sports do athletes have to deal with these home invasions? I find it hard to believe other sports are dragging people out of bed or any time they want.

Kumite

600px-Bloodsport_02.jpg

UFC is not a sport.

I think we all know what TS means, no need for the pseudo-intellectual claptrap.

I agree though TS, granted it's not the UFC who is directly knocking on their doors, but i don't think in any other sports do the athletes get stalked by the USADA like they do in the UFC

It's not a home invasion if you're knocking on the door, being all polite.

Jesus Christ, you're a pussy.

It's a home invasion if you're entering right away with a gun and an erect cock.

I love threads bashing the UFC for trying to clean up the sport. Keep it up, guys. I'm sure with enough angry threads on Sherdog, USADA will be history in no time!

I think we all know what TS means, no need for the pseudo-intellectual claptrap.

I agree though TS, granted it's not the UFC who is directly knocking on their doors, but i don't think there are any other sports that basically stalk the athletes the way USADA does.

What I'm basically trying to say is:

I'm not violent, I'm petrified and nervous
I got no mercy for these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s tryin' to serve us

Such a fitting song for Diaz too. "Yo AC, is it cool if a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: just get fucked up for this one?" Talking about getting high for those who don't know.

It's a home invasion if you're entering right away with a gun and an erect cock.

I'm a pussy cuz I don't bow down to people telling me what to do in my house?

no big sport. they're not stupid to do this shit

but it seems like england's premier league is partners with USADA. maybe that's why they haven't been relevant in a while in the european scene

but NFL, NBA, MLB, eu footbal and all that don't care about this crap

Doesn't the NFL, NHL and NBA also use USADA? I honestly don't know.

He means invasion of privacy most likely; nothing wrong with wanting to get a little peace and quiet. It's hard out there for a pimp...

amd-novitzky-jpg.jpg

Check and check; thus, home invasion.

I think most of the Olympic sports. I had a former classmate who used to be an athlete at Olympic level and he always had to tell those guys (not USADA, but WADA I guess) his whereabouts on this website. They would randomly visit him at all hours, even on a vacation address to take blood/urine. Even checking if he was really the one peeing in the cup. He said it was a shit, but part of the game...

no big sport. they're not stupid to do this shit

but it seems like england's premier league is partners with USADA. maybe that's why they haven't been relevant in a while in the european scene

but NFL, NBA, MLB, eu footbal and all that don't care about this crap

I can't believe I have been agreeing with a guy with a Gus avatar so much.

You're absolutely right. It is so fucking stupid. lol.

I think this was the logic:

1. MMA is considered cockfighting still by many.
2. Dana/Zuffa response is short sighted bravado: we'll implement the strictest testing. We are serious.

What actually happens:

It ruins cards and makes the UFC actually look like they have the most juicers. lol. These USADA tests are like MCAT or something. The average UFC fighter is at a 3rd grade reading level. They can't pass these fucking things. It is like my high school having higher standards than Harvard. It is absurd. And most leagues are smart enough to realize this.

I'm a pussy cuz I don't bow down to people telling me what to do in my house?

Depends on what they're doing in your house.

If you're a steroid cheat and you don't want them investigating your house, you're a pussy.

Excuse my ignorance, but I have read about people getting tested like 15 times, sometimes two days in a row, by people showing up at their doorstep at 6AM. Dragging them out of bed and making them piss and give blood. Now. Like the fucking police. Even if I am clean, this bothers me. It is intrusive and draconian. I wonder how the Diaz bros react to guys banging on their door at 6AM barking fucking orders. lol.

I am not defending steroids. I am just a paranoid person like Nick Diaz and when people are banging on my door at 6AM I think it is the fuckin police or something. My home is my castle. Do not bother me there.

Anyway, in what other sports do athletes have to deal with these home invasions? I find it hard to believe other sports are dragging people out of bed or any time they want.

It's the only way to clean up the sport. Fans and fighters along with media have complained and now action has been taken.

Cycling
Athletics
Tennis
Soccer
Swimming
Water POlo
Archery
Marathon
Field events (High jump etc)
Biathlon
Triathlon
Badminton
Bobsleigh
Cannooing
Curling
Horse Racing/Showjumping
Fencing
Field Hockey
Gymnastics
Weight Lifting
Wrestling
Handball
Shooting
Ice Skating
Skiing
Volleyball
Taewando
American Football (Non NFL)
Motor racing
Snooker/Billiads
Boules!
Parachuting
Dancing
Motorcycling
Powerboating
Orienteering
Roller Sports
Water Skiing
Wushu
Surfing
Squash
Tug of War
Golf
BodyBuiding
Ju-Jitsu
Kickboxing
Muaythai
Powerlifting
Sambo
Boxing
Billiards

Do you want me to go on?

Basically, the sports that dont use WADA or follow WADA guidelines are the North American Sports Leagues

The rest of the world, from Aussie rules to the Premier League, from Surfing in South America to Kabbadi in India, follow the wada code or wada guidelines

Back