Opinion What % of your money are you willing to give to the govt?

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously the higher % the more you are taken care of 10% you get to live on your land without anyone bothering you 100% you have people mow your lawn.

Poll please!

10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%
100%

Well that's like asking what percentage of your income do you want to spend on your consumer expenditures a year. Government is just a service and goods provider (that can legally force you to pay for their services). So like any other company you transact from, I ask what do I want? How much does it cost? Do I already have it? Can I get it cheaper / is it feasible to get elsewhere?

Really not a very practical question since it would obviously depend on what is being returned. So it's basically a matter of ideological rigidity: would you be bothered if, despite being completely happy and having every want and need taken care of, you also knew that you were paying 100% taxes. Or, more realistically, if you were very happy, had most everything you wanted in life, but paid 80%, would you want to reduction in that figure to take a chance on being even happier.

In reality, I think most people would be quite disgruntled with even a modest tax rate (say, 15%) if they knew it was being embezzled and that no good was coming of it, but would be fine with a higher one (say 30%) if they knew it was providing useful things to them and quality of life to others.

I'm used to giving up about 30% but that covers my health care

they're going to take what they want anyhow, so as low you can get away with is the answer. At the end of the day, it's not practical fighting these things, energy is better spent trying to plan around it, especially if you've got a good accountant/cpa that's willing to sit with you for a second.

Currently pay 37% income tax and sales tax here is 14%. There is no choice, just bend over and get fucked.

Really not a very practical question since it would obviously depend on what is being returned. So it's basically a matter of ideological rigidity: would you be bothered if, despite being completely happy and having every want and need taken care of, you also knew that you were paying 100% taxes. Or, more realistically, if you were very happy, had most everything you wanted in life, but paid 80%, would you want to reduction in that figure to take a chance on being even happier.

In reality, I think most people would be quite disgruntled with even a modest tax rate (say, 15%) if they knew it was being embezzled and that no good was coming of it, but would be fine with a higher one (say 30%) if they knew it was providing useful things to them and quality of life to others.
so basically you're cool with 30%

I pay about 36% in income tax and I'm very, very happy to do that with what I get in return. If not for tuition free education, I would not be where I am today. In fact, I would have been one of the people who fell through the cracks I'm sure of it. Would have been broke and/or in debt after ACL surgery and rehab too, if if not for our single payer system.

About to take another masters and continue rising up the income brackets, and pay back into the system.

Currently pay 37% income tax and sales tax here is 14%. There is no choice, just bend over and get fucked.
You're obviously not in the US since the highest tax rate is 37% and nobody pays that much in income tax.

tried to give you the benefit of doubt, but yes, you're a full on cuck

Question.

Why would you create a thread about a topic if the full depth of your insight into the topic is calling people cucks like a mongo?

0% if its a direct tax collected by anyone other the mandated party, the province, if its collected by the province then it is what they justify it to be

Back