What % of mma fanbase actually buys the ppv's??

i pitched in for aldo vs conor, weidman vs luke, and jacare vs romero. gotta be at least 3 fights i like. other than that, ill watch at the bar or stream it.

Used to buy every one with friends, nobody else watches anymore so I don't buy any. Read results, watch highlights. Good enough.

I buy a few ppvs per year. The reason being that the only bar nearby to watch the fights is applebees, and that place is always overcrowded and full of drunk loudmouth meatheads.

The 60$ for an event is a scam
Though. It should be half the price at most. I used to split the price of it with 5-8 friends but most of my friends lost interest or live across state now so I don't have many options.

I won't be watching the ppv with Conor and Holly on it at the bar or on ppv. The card is laughably weak and top heavy, and I can only imagine the amount of d bags who will be at the bar to watch Conor. This one is gonna be a free stream for me and I don't do it often (partially due to my messed up and laggy computer)

BWW for regular cards but I'll order the big ones.

Its shocking how the ufc doesn't have complete control of fight streaming. They bitch and complain and yet they choose not to control the market of streaming. Even a shitty free stream should be available packed with ads suggesting an upgrade for a small sum and so on to tempt the wallet and get those guys watching ufc.com's free stream to pay up and get a better version. If the world knows there's a free stream on ufc.com they will come, realise it sucks and and either move on or buy a better version. But no, ufc wants nothing to do with attracting viewers, just buy the $60 ppv or fuck off.

Its shocking how the ufc doesn't have complete control of fight streaming. They bitch and complain and yet they choose not to control the market of streaming. Even a shitty free stream should be available packed with ads suggesting an upgrade for a small sum and so on to tempt the wallet and get those guys watching ufc.com's free stream to pay up and get a better version. If the world knows there's a free stream on ufc.com they will come, realise it sucks and and either move on or buy a better version. But no, ufc wants nothing to do with attracting viewers, just buy the $60 ppv or fuck off.

I am a bit confused.
Are you saying UFC.com should offer the card for free, but not give a good quality so some might want an upgrade at a fixed cost?
Not bashing, I just was not clear.

I don't think you understand what "scam" means.
It is not a "scam" if you get the card you purchased.
Is that all you got from my post? Maybe I meant a ripoff, it's not like I have any other options to watch unless I stream it illegally.

Is that all you got from my post? Maybe I meant a ripoff, it's not like I have any other options to watch unless I stream it illegally.

That was all I cared to reply to, since it made no sense.

I don't think paying $200 to see some bands I like is worth it, so I just don't go.
But since others do, I don't think it is a scam.
But yes rip-off makes more sense ;)

I am a bit confused.
Are you saying UFC.com should offer the card for free, but not give a good quality so some might want an upgrade at a fixed cost?
Not bashing, I just was not clear.

Yes. Free streaming is everywhere, and people are making money off the ufc's back illegally, but if the ufc had a ppv page with an option for the 1080p HD PPV at $60, and maybe a 240p quality stream for $20 and a free 140p stream with ads and it sucks on purpose then people who are already on ufc.com mighy say fuck it lets buy the ppv.... instead people goto some random website and watch it with no temptation to pay up. All those viewers not going to ufc.com are wasted when if they were at ufc.com they get the traffic and potentially a sale, its like getting people into your store, they might buy something, maybe not, but they might. and ufc would have more control over the streaming.

Maybe if more of that money went to the fighters it would be worth it to buy. But come on. Almost 50 percent of the 60 dollars you pay goes to the cable companies!!! Cable companies! I hate cable companies.

Yes. Free streaming is everywhere, and people are making money off the ufc's back illegally, but if the ufc had a ppv page with an option for the 1080p HD PPV at $60, and maybe a 240p quality stream for $20 and a free 140p stream with ads and it sucks on purpose then people who are already on ufc.com mighy say fuck it lets buy the ppv.... instead people goto some random website and watch it with no temptation to pay up. All those viewers not going to ufc.com are wasted when if they were at ufc.com they get the traffic and potentially a sale, its like getting people into your store, they might buy something, maybe not, but they might. and ufc would have more control over the streaming.

I never heard that idea. Interesting
But lets be honest, nobody thought UFC would rebound the way they did with PPV in 2015, so they made the right call.
I think eventually they will do less & less PPV and have as close to supercards as possible. Maybe 4-6 a year.

This thread reeks of poverty.

zLpeqn.gif

I get them for free on cable.

zLpeqn.gif

That was all I cared to reply to, since it made no sense.

I don't think paying $200 to see some bands I like is worth it, so I just don't go.
But since others do, I don't think it is a scam.
But yes rip-off makes more sense ;)
Thanks for critiquing the one word I used wrong in my long post. You're a real pal, guy. I have learned a lot today and now one day wiser.

Ive never bought UFC PPV. Just look at what a waste of money Aldo Vs MacG was, im not paying 60 for that.

Thanks for critiquing the one word I used wrong in my long post. You're a real pal, guy. I have learned a lot today and now one day wiser.

No problem Mr. Sensitive.
At least you know i did not "scam" you ;)

I never heard that idea. Interesting
But lets be honest, nobody thought UFC would rebound the way they did with PPV in 2015, so they made the right call.
I think eventually they will do less & less PPV and have as close to supercards as possible. Maybe 4-6 a year.

Ive been saying that for years. and the ufc are senior citizens when it comes to exploiting the internet in their favour and all they do is complain about it.

Ive been saying that for years. and the ufc are senior citizens when it comes to exploiting the internet in their favour and all they do is complain about it.

I don't know about that. I just think they will milk as much out of PPV as they can.
They are giving better fights with bigger names on Fight Pass, so they are headed that way, but as long as people are willing to pay for the big cards they will be stupid not to take it!

Ya but you had food and drinks tho, and would have paid the same thing even if there was no event on tv.

Not necessarily. I might get and appetizer, but then I'll sit there and drink $6 beers and take shots for 4 hours. I end up spending around $60. Where as if a few buddy's and I went in on a ppv and bought beer it would cost about $20. I've seen a table full of guys sit there and order waters, but that's kind of ghetto. Or if I just got it by my-self it would be the same thing.

Back