What next for Mali?

IamRonin

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There are reports that after the French left Malian troops to fight by themselves, they were quickly overrun by Tuaregs again meaning the French are sending more troops to bolster their forces to 1,700. If the Malians aren't yet capable and the Chadians have gone home, what is the next step here in this conflict?

Will other EU countries or the US deploy large numbers to deal with this? I think the Dutch have committed some Apache and the Italian have air support, but it looks like what they need is more troops on the ground.

There are reports that after the French left Malian troops to fight by themselves, they were quickly overrun by Tuaregs again meaning the French are sending more troops to bolster their forces to 1,700. If the Malians aren't yet capable and the Chadians have gone home, what is the next step here in this conflict?

Will other EU countries or the US deploy large numbers to deal with this? I think the Dutch have committed some Apache and the Italian have air support, but it looks like what they need is more troops on the ground.

TBH, I don't know why the US hasn't sent any troops to help out with the current Nigerian issues

TBH, I don't know why the US hasn't sent any troops to help out with the current Nigerian issues

Why should we or would we should have already gotten out of the world police bull shit a long time ago. What is our incentive to go in to shit holes like this?

Why should we or would we should have already gotten out of the world police bull shit a long time ago. What is our incentive to go in to shit holes like this?

I guess your right, innocent human beings being affected in shit holes such as Nigeria, why bother. They can't even save themselves, but I see where your coming from bruv

I guess your right, innocent human beings being affected in shit holes such as Nigeria, why bother. They can't even save themselves, but I see where your coming from bruv

Is it not interesting that certain administrations will deliberately ignore a Rwandan genocide but happily move in on an Iraq and tear it to bits under the guise and reality of toppling a vicious tyrant.

World police when it suits a Bush, Clinton or an Obama. Not world police when "why should we be world police; people need to sort themselves out."

As though Obama shredding Libya and leaving it to the savages made the US administration all 'world-policed out.'

And I agree! Nigeria should get their incompetent military in order and sort this problem out. It is not the US's responsibility to clean up their mess. The US cops too much flak for this kind of stuff.

What is it that the tuaregs want: independence? Or do they want to take over the whole country from whatever ethnic groups are already there and enslave them?

If they just want their own territory and independence, then why not just give it to them? It is not worth fighting over. It is Mali, in Africa. It isn't the American South of the Civil War, or the Spanish Main.

And we should go every where this kind of shit is happening and be the cops?

Doing that has work so well for us and the the country involved so far.

Last edited:
What is it that the tuaregs want: independence? Or do they want to take over the whole country from whatever ethnic groups are already there and enslave them?

If they just want their own territory and independence, then why not just give it to them? It is not worth fighting over. It is Mali, in Africa. It isn't the American South of the Civil War, or the Spanish Main.

It's easy for someone not even remotely connected to the region to say "just give it them, it's not worth fighting for" .

Maybe we should make Regionally Aligned Brigades (RAB) from the US Army conduct regular training missions to African countries to teach Africans to solve African problems instead of invading these countries ourselves.

Oh wait. We already have RABs. And we just got finished training in Malawi, Chad, and other countries.

It's easy for someone not even remotely connected to the region to say "just give it them, it's not worth fighting for" .

indeed,

but still, if these Malians cant hold the territory themselves, why is anyone even helping them? I am assuming the Tuaregs want independence. Anyone who is helping them does not have honorable reasons.

So the French hung 'em out to dry?

Maybe there needs to be a war/militia focused kickstarter. Put up a cause and see if you clan get funding and volunteers/mercenaries to die for someone else in some lands they wouldn't know where to find on the map.

Contain Chinese influence in the region.

Then let the UN step in. We cannot fix every problem in the world. Even if the US stepped in and killed everyone involved, it wouldnt fix their problems. They would remain 3rd world. We cannot elevate every country to our status, it is impossible and attempts in Afghanistan and Iraq have sorely taxed our national budget.

We are not all powerful.

Back