What Nate did to Leon is why we still feel robbed about the Masvidal fight

Asako

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Although Masvidal was beating the dog snot out of Nate, I still felt that Nate was going to turn the table on Masvidal and possibly submit him in the 5th.

Your thoughts? Do you guys want to see them run it back?

giphy.gif

By "we" i think you only mean yourself.

Is that why you guys still whine about Condit a decade later? Lol

Nate deserves the 3rd fight with McGregor, for taking a competitive dive in their 2nd fight.

Although Masvidal was beating the dog snot out of Nate, I still felt that Nate was going to turn the table on Masvidal and possibly submit him in the 5th.

Your thoughts? Do you guys want to see them run it back?

Hell yea i wanna see them fight again.
2-NATE-VS-FLAIR.gif

aside from the josh thompson fight
nate is actually undefeated under PRIDE rules with no rounds

nate did alright in this fight, even though he hasn't fought for awhile his striking and combos weren't great....I've seen much better boxing and output in other fights from nate, it's almost like he's slowed down with age and throws less.

The other downfall was when he had leon in trouble he just stood there letting him recover, had nate went in for the kill and just started throwing punches like the diaz bros use to maybe things would've been different.

that's frustrating from a fans point of view because nate possibly could've gotten the finish before the round ended, I know there wasn't much time left but if you re-watch when leon gets hit and stumbled back and clearly is almost right out of it....all that time nate didn't keep going at him I think may of cost him a chance at getting a last second finish win.

He was losing until he lost. Good ole Diaz tactics

nate did alright in this fight, even though he hasn't fought for awhile his striking and combos weren't great....I've seen much better boxing and output in other fights from nate, it's almost like he's slowed down with age and throws less.

The other downfall was when he had leon in trouble he just stood there letting him recover, had nate went in for the kill and just started throwing punches like the diaz bros use to maybe things would've been different.

that's frustrating from a fans point of view because nate possibly could've gotten the finish before the round ended, I know there wasn't much time left but if you re-watch when leon gets hit and stumbled back and clearly is almost right out of it....all that time nate didn't keep going at him I think may of cost him a chance at getting a last second finish win.
Leon was the one with ring rust. His last real fight was in Juli 2019. Nate fought twice in 2019. Against Pettis at ufc 241 and against Masvidal at ufc 244.

He was taking far more damage in the Masvidal fight.

Yeah, Nate fan here. No go for the Mas fight. Mas has his number. Pass.
<TrumpWrong1>

Back