What movie should I watch?

Super underrated movie, gritty slow burn, great performances:

391108cbee0ec1e4f57b1d4524c8392d89d2ca5c.jpg

I saw the thread where people were talking about Hell or High Water, Wind River and Sicario (seen all 3 already) and I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions of movies that are a little similar to these. I want something serious, something gritty, slow burn, etc, I'm sure you guys get what I mean based on the 3 films I already named.

Anybody? @shadow_priest_x, you're the movie man around here, you got any ideas? @Dragonlordxxxxx, too, any ideas? Anybody else?
Aside from the other movies already mentioned, check out The American (2010). It's an underrated slow burn crime thriller set in Italy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440728/?ref_=nv_sr_2

You should watch Inside Man if you haven’t seen it. Pretty awesome flick. And I just watched it again tonight.

What a lot of people miss when watching it is at the end, when Denzel returns to his apartment to find his brother in law passed out on the sofa, the malt liquor his brother in law was drinking is in the coffee table. It’s “The Bomb,” which is the malt liquor they advertise in the movie Bamboozled.

It's an underrated slow burn crime thriller set in Italy.

Speaking of gritty crime set in Italy, have you watched any Gomorra yet? If not, holy fuck man, get on that shit. Amazing show.

Sounds like you want something noir. Drive is great
Blue velvet
A Simple Plan is a good watch
Coen brothers have some good ones too. The Man Who Wasn't There doesn't get mentioned often.
Also Blood Simple
But I recommend going to some classics.
Gilda
Laura
Double Indemnity
Touch of Evil definitely a must watch. That may be the best bet. Serious, gritty, and a smooth slow burn

Blue velvet

I remember hearing about this. Saw a lot of good comments about it on YouTube for the trailer a few months back. I actually looked it up because somebody on here has an AV of the dude with the breathing thingy on, lol.

Blue Ruin

Looks interesting enough. Will add to the list of movies that I'll be choosing from tonight.

I hear good things about Kickboxer: Vengeance and Tapped Out.

giphy.gif

The prestige

giphy.gif

Great movie for sure but, much like The Place Beyond the Pines, I watched it (again) very recently. One of those movies you can watch a bunch of times but never get bored of it. This is why I like Christopher Nolan a lot. He can do pretty much any genre and it's good. I just wish he was more active.

A most violent year
Drive
Road to perdition
Nightcrawler

Seen all of these, too.

I love Road to Perdition. I've watched that one many times and Nightcrawler, too. I was pretty bored during A Most Violent Year, though. It seemed like it was just building up the entire time but nothing really happened.

I watched it literally as soon as it was put online in HD so it's actually been awhile so maybe I'm not remembering it all that well now. I just remember it being incredibly slow like it was building up for something great, but it didn't really pay off in the end, you know?

Maybe I'll watch it again sometime to refresh my memory and I'll appreciate it a little more next time. Drive was alright, though. I should check that one out again sometime, too, because the only thing I really remember is Bryan Cranston giving Ryan Gosling a Corolla and somebody getting stomped in an elevator.

Leon: The Professional

I forgot all about this. It gets A LOT of love around here and I was going to watch it a few months back but never did get around to it. This might be the one for now. It shall be added to the list.

Seen it. Loved it. I was actually thinking about watching it again a few weeks ago, too.

Super underrated movie, gritty slow burn, great performances:

The Drop

Seen it. Not bad. I've always like Tom Hardy a lot and you can't go wrong with James Gandolfini, right? It was his last film just before passing away so I had to make sure to watch it as soon as I saw it posted online a long awhile back now. Like a few of the movies here, I should probably check this out again since I forget a lot of what went down.

Aside from the other movies already mentioned, check out The American (2010). It's an underrated slow burn crime thriller set in Italy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440728/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I never did finish this one. It was on TV like two years ago and I watched like almost half of it but fell asleep. I enjoyed what I saw, so may as well finish it sometime so it shall be added to da list.

You should watch Inside Man if you haven’t seen it. Pretty awesome flick. And I just watched it again tonight.

What a lot of people miss when watching it is at the end, when Denzel returns to his apartment to find his brother in law passed out on the sofa, the malt liquor his brother in law was drinking is in the coffee table. It’s “The Bomb,” which is the malt liquor they advertise in the movie Bamboozled.

Seen it many times.

Denzel is <{monica}>

This is definitely one of my favourites from him.

I just remembered two other movies you might like by Cronenberg A History of Violence and Eastern Promises

This is your movie. It's great and sounds like it's along the lines of what you're looking for. Go watch it, like, right now.

But I'll give you a few back up my back-up suggestions, if you haven't seen them. I wouldn't really say they are similar to the films you've mentioned, but they're definitely solid watches.

And Michael Bay's most underrated film:

13 Hours is a fucking awesome movie

13 Hours is a fucking awesome movie

Yeah, I wish I could get more people on-board with this idea, but very few people have actually seen it.

I think most people took one look at the trailer and saw "From director Michael Bay" and said no, no chance, forget about it.

Wow, fist few posts nailed it with way of the gun, revolver, out of the furnace, place beyond the pines.

Well done.

My contributions:

Gone Girl
Gone, Baby Gone
Equilibrium
Sling Blade
A simple plan

Yeah, I wish I could get more people on-board with this idea, but very few people have actually seen it.

I think most people took one look at the trailer and saw "From director Michael Bay" and said no, no chance, forget about it.

Yeah people, well and me in occasions, talk shit about Michael Bay, but his style makes for good action movies, and when he actually has good actors and a decent script like in 13 Hours he can make the best action flick out there, Jim from the Office was great and well basically everybody nailed it

Yeah people, well and me in occasions, talk shit about Michael Bay, but his style makes for good action movies, and when he actually has good actors and a decent script like in 13 Hours he can make the best action flick out there, Jim from the Office was great and well basically everybody nailed it

If you get rid of all the entries with the word "Transformers" in the them, Bay's filmography really is not bad at all.

The Rock is one of the very best action movies ever made. 13 Hours is awesome. Pain & Gain is really good.

Armageddon I certainly don't think is a great movie, but it's a pretty fun disaster flick. The Island has its moments.

It's been too long since I watched Bad Boys but I know a lot of people like that one as well.

Back