What Matt Brown has to do to get a title shot

1 more that's it. Ridiculous to suggest he would need 9-10 in a row. Title shots are given often to a guy who isn't 'ranked' #1.

One more top 10 and he's set for a shot. Hoping hard he wins, he deserves it.

1 top ten win buts its not a easy thing

It's too bad he pulled out of the Condit fight but that just saved him a loss! He should start calling out Lombard a win over him would at least put him in the mix as Dana says!

Had he earned a shot against GSP, he would have won. Georges goes horribly against guys named Matt.

If he fights and beats Lombard the question is not whether he deserves a title shot, but whether the champion deserves a shot at him.

A win against Lombard would definitely do it... I don't think he'll beat Hector though.

I think Lombard will beat him up bad but if he does indeed beat Lombard, he should unquestionably get the title shot. If Lombard, however, gets the next title shot then Brown vs Rory-Woodley winner would be good too.

I like how it's okay to suggest this but if you ever suggest a top 5 fight somebody lower ranked you'll get shit on for it.

Erik was a huge win no doubt and he made it bigger by beating him the way he did but I would say he needs to cap off his win streak with a perrenial WW contender: Dong Kim vs Brown is title-contender worthy! Both are in similar boats: lots of wins, some quality but need that 1 big win to erase any doubts.

I will admit here that Matt Brown has shut me up. I have been doubting him for years and especially going into the Erik fight. :redface:

Bigger question is where does Erik Silva go? Such a young and talented guy but no where to go after beatdowns by Fitch and Brown.

1 more fight methinks, either Lombard or Lawler/Ellenberger winner.

Top 10 guy he needs to beat in impressive fashion. Then a top 5 guy he needs to beat for a chance at a title fight. So 2 more fights most likely, but I really doubt he is going to run through 2 more fighters with a KO/TKO in the top 10.

Erik was a huge win no doubt and he made it bigger by beating him the way he did but I would say he needs to cap off his win streak with a perrenial WW contender: Dong Kim vs Brown is title-contender worthy! Both are in similar boats: lots of wins, some quality but need that 1 big win to erase any doubts.

I will admit here that Matt Brown has shut me up. I have been doubting him for years and especially going into the Erik fight. :redface:

Bigger question is where does Erik Silva go? Such a young and talented guy but no where to go after beatdowns by Fitch and Brown.

He was beat down by Fitch? The only fight he got beat down in was the brown fight. He got KOed by dhk but I don't believe it was a beat down. I could be wrong it's been a long time since that fight.

Back