What Martial Art is hardest on the body when training?

Finding Deebo

Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!!
Banned
Reaction score
I think Wrestling is the most grueling, but in terms of beating up/wearing the body, I'd have to say Judo. It's funny b/c I have Judo buddies that got into it vice Muay Thai/boxing b/c they feel it's safer than striking. I'm not so sure....

Judo players walk like goddamn Frankenstein.

Definitely Judo.

Joe Son Do
OrneryAngelicKentrosaurus-small.gif

I feel like most people I know that were any good at wrestling ended up with bad backs, knees, necks, and often weight problems.

Boxing on the brain.

Grappling arts in general for knees, necks and backs.

Boxercise imo.

My whole core was on fire after being made to do V sits as well as crunches.

They also made us do bodyweight squats which burnt out my legs. Which resulted in poor bag work after.

I feel like most people I know that were any good at wrestling ended up with bad backs, knees, necks, and often weight problems.
Ha, the weight problems, so true. It's like an overreaction to all those years of weekly weight cuts.

I've done many martial arts.

Judo is by far the hardest on my body, personally. Also, every long-time judoka I've ever known has spent half of their life at an orthopedics' office.

What Martial Art is hardest on the body when training? It's funny b/c I have Judo buddies that got into it vice Muay Thai/boxing b/c they feel it's safer than striking.
Well, yes!
Striking arts are meant to break things. BJJ and wrestling constitutes grappling. Judo constitutes throws and takedowns. Taekwon-Do and Muay Thai constitutes punching and kicking.

Hardest on the body as far as injuries or aches?
I had a broken nose, ribs, fingers and toes in Taekwon-Do. Just an aching body in BJJ.

I think Wrestling is the most grueling, but in terms of beating up/wearing the body, I'd have to say Judo. It's funny b/c I have Judo buddies that got into it vice Muay Thai/boxing b/c they feel it's safer than striking. I'm not so sure....
Judo easily.

Unless you are training striking throwing at 100%, Judo just hurts. Practicing throws and being thrown all class takes a toll unlike any other

Grappling in general is VERY hard in your body.
Any variation of wrestling,Judo, Sambo IMO will fuck up your body and it only gets worse when you get older.

And I did some years of Kyokushin it was fucked up aswell.

Seems like everyone that wrestles ends up with a plethora of permanent injuries but weight is a huge one. Going from burning calories and eating everything in sight to burning nothing and eating similarly.

On social media I see a lot of former kickboxers, mma fighters, etc. Spar and train after they are retired. I don't often see that with wrestlers. Most likely due to the injuries themselves I would assume.

Lol @ people saying Judo who have never been in a wrestling room. I've seen plenty of senior citizens kicking ass in the dojo who would die after one wrestling practice. It's not even close

Punching bags/Heavy bags and kicking things to toughen my shins gave me life long tendinitis and joint pain. I was a TKD black belt and a kickboxer/Mauy Thai practitioner. I spent years reclaiming my body through yoga, exercise, rehabs, and injections and meds. I would take it all back and grapple if I could lol....

Back