What makes you think Gaethje is a worst stylistic matchup than Cowboy for Conor?

I get the feeling Dana White doesn't want to reward Gaethje with this fight after he's clearly avoided others, so it probably won't happen
I dunno. Its probably not about rewarding Gaethje as much as its about riding the Conor money train as long as possible and that means he needs to win.

I dunno. Its probably not about rewarding Gaethje as much as its about riding the Conor money train as long as possible and that means he needs to win.

Why on Earth would they have him immediately rematch with Khabib then? If they wanted to ride the money train they'd have him fight Gaethje, then Khabib. Gaethje is a good honest fighter but that's about it, & the competition he's beaten is way below McGregor

He is not.

Gaethje is just the new train the casual haters jumped on.

They have no idea that Gaethje was kod by two guys that Conor already kod.

Why on Earth would they have him immediately rematch with Khabib then? If they wanted to ride the money train they'd have him fight Gaethje, then Khabib. Gaethje is a good honest fighter but that's about it, & the competition he's beaten is way below McGregor
Sorry, I must have assumed wrongly what your point is because now I realize that we're in agreement. Gaethje is the much safer fight IMO.

Why would McGregor lose to a no-mark journeyman like this? He outclassed the guys that smashed Gaethje. Like, really outclassed
If Gaethje is a Journeyman, everyone is a journeyman except the champion ?

You do realize that Justin walked through Cowboy 4 months ago, right? And that Cowboy has lost 7 out of his last 11 fights? And that he's been finished inside of 2 rounds in 5 of his last 11 fights? And that his best win in the last 5 years is against Iaquinta (I love Ragin Al, but he's a mid-level fighter)?

Seems that way, yeah. I mean, if he's better than that, then what is McGregor?

Hell, even Khabib is kind of "all hype" when u think about it. He fought Iaquinta for the title & his best win is McGregor ffs. Who can be impressed by that, right?

100% anti Conor but I don’t see how he has any trouble with Gaethje. Far more accurate with legit power. Conor sleeps him in one.
I'd say that Gaethje has more power though, but on paper, Conor doesn't match up to bad agains him, that's probably true.

People like to use "journeyman" to denigrate any fighter that isn't a champion or all-time great in their eyes. It's like they forget that gatekeepers and contenders are a thing, too.

Gaethje is demonstrably not a rando journeyman at 155 at this point by any estimation.

Dude, we hear this shit all the time. I'm a fight fan first & foremost but the excuses for his wins are beyond pathetic. Every time McGregor has "never fought anyone like this". Then when he wins, it's excuses. "Poirier was young, Aldo was stupid, Cerrone was coming off a loss". It's hilarious. Watch the prediction videos of his fights, it's cringeworthy stuff.
Poirier would smash him at 155? Based on what? Hope? Mcgregors power transfers up the weight. He damn near gave Diaz brain damage, even in defeat.

It's fucking absurd that supposed MMA fans pretend he isn't a top fighter or is ducking anybody. The guy won the 145lbs title & then immediately challenged RDA!!!
you asked a question and I gave my answers. That's it.
- Just my views on the subject matter.

Just the fact that Gaethje isnt ultra worn out by a super long career already makes him a much better opponent.

There's a reason Conor fought the guy Justin knocked out and not Justin himself. Because he's a big pussy.

MMAth sayz otherwise.

Conor knocked out both guys who knocked him out.

/thread

He is not a bad matchup for Conor but he is in his prime compared to cowbro

He's not a bad matchup, but he is a better fighter and throwing a single punch would be better than cowboy's performance.

Agree. And I think a lot of people are being prisoners of the moment right now. Yes, Conor has the power to blast people outta there quickly. But plenty of guys have made it through the first round.

Gaethje “gets hit too much” when he doesn’t give a shit about defense. When he’s disciplined he’s not abnormally hittable at all. And he makes all his shots count. Even if Donald survived the first round Conor would still be the favorite. If Gaethje survives the first round (and isn’t saved by the bell or anything) Conor will be in trouble.

Gathjes tendency to get hit and wobbled rivals even Cowboys. He's a completely winnable fight for Conor and the higher ranked guy who already knocked out Cowboy, which is precisely why Conor should have fought and beat him so we could just hurry up and get Dana's inevitable wet dream of a rematch to happen sooner, so Conor can get demolished again.

I just don’t see it.l, can you help me
Have you ever seen Gaethje not fight? Cowboy went in there and decided he isn't gona fight. Didn't throw a punch, just leaned on Conor's shoulder. No chance Gaethje will fight like that..

I fail to believe Justin is that much of a nightmare for Khabib as well,he would gas out after defending a couple of takedowns and scrambles,he hasnt used his wrestling in a while and he would have trouble against khabib. He is a bad matchup for Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back