what makes you instantly close a youtube?

People who yell. Though they typically have those stupid clickbait thumbnails. When I see those I just put them on my block list.

I can't think of anything in particular that makes me automatically shut it off. However, I'll add that I hate the ads in the middle of videos. If your add interrupts my video, I can guarantee that I'll boycott your product.

Any poppy, unoriginal, over exaggerated "influencer" vlog. I also hate the whole New York rap/comedy scene. Andrew Schulz and all those guys are so corny to me.
Yeah...Schulz lost me too. He was funny until you realized he only has like 20% material. The rest are 30% crowd work, 25% long pauses, and 25% forced laughter.

Yeah...Schulz lost me too. He was funny until you realized he only has like 20% material. The rest are 30% crowd work, 25% long pauses, and 25% forced laughter.
Same. Liked him the first few times I saw him. Then I noticed the forced laughter, the "edgy-but not edgy" jokes he makes. Hes a token white guy if that makes sense. Hes the millenial bill burr.

Commentary from a youtuber who thinks he’s funny when he’s annoying as hell. Accompanying music that doesn’t fit the video. Also videos that take wayyy to long to get to the point while begging you to subscribe. And as previously mentioned, midroll ads, seriously who thought this was a good idea? If you want ads fine give me 1 or 2 before the video starts but don’t interrupt the video with an ad in the middle of the speaker talking.

ambient music where it sounds "bubbly" or "cute" in an attempt to be "down to earth" or clickbait stuff:

Like bruh I'm just here to see how good the drill bit could penetrate or if the angle grinder is better and worth the upgrade; I didn't come to hear your life story how your gf finished her job and had some roadrage drama for 29:55 minutes

When it becomes immediately apparent that the title and thumbnail for the video have little or nothing to do with the videos content.

Other than that, women narrators.

Yeah I boycott fake thumbnails

They always put a thumbnail with some red circle.

Actually I dont open vids like that at all.

Also if the narrator starts off with all kinds of random nonsense or unnecessary backstory just to make you watch longer.

Like if you're not getting to the point after 10 seconds or so then you get a thumbs down and I look for the info from another video.

I also down vote or eveb report Picture slide shows.

I am like what the fuck its a video uploading site I will go to pictagram if I want too see pictures.

Realizing I accidentally clicked on a YouTube video.

Back