what makes wouldlee think Diaz or gsp would fight him???

james31

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why the hell would Diaz or gsp want to fight wouldlee. Dudes not a draw. Probably does 250k this fight. Neither of those 2 guys care about he title at his point so what to say they don't say "fuk Wouldlee, we will just fight each other".

Ducking wonderboy already man damn.

Say what now?

As much as I hate the purposely spelling a fighters name like an idiot trend that's going on, I agree that if GSP and Nick have Woodley's(and seemingly every other champion's) mindset of just going for the money fight, they would make more money fighting each other than fighting Woodley.

I think gsp would rather make kickboxer sequels. Diaz needs a win, probably could use the money, and the title that comes with all that

Guys like Rockhold and Woodley wanna latch on to this money fight shit and go after guys with big names, but I agree, why the hell would GSP or Nick come back to fight Woodley? Does Diaz even know who Woodley is?

Robbie is a bigger name than Woodley. If Diaz is coming back for anyone in WW, I'd think it would be Lawler, or maybe GSP.

Woodley is very likely fighting Wonderboy. If you want to pick fights, WW is the last division to try to do it in. That title picture if log jammed with contenders, all more deserving than Woodley, imo.

It's amazing how certain fighters (Nunes and now Woodley) seem to lose all grasp of reality the second the title is put around their waist.

Tyrese Wouldlee Reebok fight kit incoming.

Last edited:
Just looking at his record now; Diaz's last 4 fights have been BJ Penn, Condit for interim title, GSP for title, and then Andersion Silva. Where the fuck does Woodley fit in in a group like that? Even with the title, I don't think so.

It's amazing how certain fighters (Nunes and now Woodley) seem to lose all grasp of reality the second the title is put around their waist.

yeah, why would a prize fighter want to fight for the biggest prize possible? who on earth wants more money?

yeah, why would a prize fighter want to fight for the biggest prize possible? who on earth wants more money?

That has nothing to do with what he said. Of course they want money... it still doesn't mean they've earned shots against people like GSP. GSP vs Bisping is a bigger payday. Hell, even GSP vs Lawler without the belt is likely a bigger payday than Woodley. The reason the OP said they are out of touch with reality is because Woodley thinks that, after sitting out for a year and a half, he has a huge fan base that makes him a draw. He's wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised that if Conor beats Nate, they'll likely make that superfight. Everything would be peanuts compared to GSP vs Conor.

That has nothing to do with what he said. Of course they want money... it still doesn't mean they've earned shots against people like GSP. GSP vs Bisping is a bigger payday. Hell, even GSP vs Lawler without the belt is likely a bigger payday than Woodley. The reason the OP said they are out of touch with reality is because Woodley thinks that, after sitting out for a year and a half, he has a huge fan base that makes him a draw. He's wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised that if Conor beats Nate, they'll likely make that superfight. Everything would be peanuts compared to GSP vs Conor.

This is an interesting dichotomy. I'll start by saying that I fully agree with you and everyone else, and I was shaking my head in disbelief, as well. Dude is not a draw, has no marketable attributes, and before tonight his most viewed highlight was of him on the wrong side of some videogame-level combo shit from Nate Marquardt. To hear him think it's like he's owed the fight against names like GSP and Diaz is absurd.

On the other hand, the dude is the champ. That is the pinnacle of a career; it's what every fighter is working towards from the first time they step into a gym. Technically, shouldn't the fighters without the belts have to be groveling for fights with the man standing at the top of the mountain, and not the other way around? Hell, Woodley accomplished something that Nick never could, becoming UFC champion. Doesn't this sort of talk diminish the prestige of a championship when we try to place individual fighters above a champion? I fully understand that there are some fighters in rarified air -- legends. However, it's not incomprehensible to think that as a champion, Woodley deserves the fight if it is offered.

Now, that's the two sides. Emotions aside, think about the position and status of a champion, regardless of who is wearing the belt. Sure, five defenses from now his name would carry more weight in these discussions, but three years from now GSP and Nick will probably be retired for realsies. It's not so much the notion of him wanting to fight bigger names, just the way he presents it as wanting to use their names for his financial benefit rather than wanting to personally challenge himself against their undisputed skill in competition.

Why the hell would Diaz or gsp want to fight wouldlee. Dudes not a draw. Probably does 250k this fight. Neither of those 2 guys care about he title at his point so what to say they don't say "fuk Wouldlee, we will just fight each other".

He wants to be on conors card.

They already 'fought' each other but neither of them really fought.

Easy strap for GSP.

Nick would get a loss but 500K-2million reasons.

Back