What makes someone a casual fan?

It's the new "TUF noob".

I'd say it's fans who know Conor, Diaz, Jones, Cormier and Hunt but don't know Benevidez, Lamas, Assuncao, Emmett, or Corey Anderson. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Once at a party a loud drunk guy kept yelling "look, he's using the wizard! The Wizaaaaardddd!" I didn't engage with him, but I'm assuming he was a casual.
That what Big John calls it, too.

it's because you wrap around the other guy's arm like sleeve of wizard

m_56cf4dced3a2a7f9a9018c9c.jpg

Haha! I own that shirt!

Anyone discovering the sport during/after TUF 1 is a casual
and a repellant TUF n00b

Casually following the sport of MMA would make someone a casual fan.

A casual is somebody who has limited knowledge of what they're watching.
It's also a term to throw at somebody when "expert fans" get annoyed by overly biased people who are influenced by the hype the UFC generates. (most Mas and Conor fans)

<mma4> True points made ^^^

And there's no escaping your Sherdog birthday until you can prove otherwise through posts and knowledge I've also noted those with the rise of Conor years 2014-17 with 2016 being the worse (not all were casuals but was a heavy year of casuals with need of a McGregor sub forum)

Last edited:
I watch only the UFC really. I got into it through TUF 3 over 11 years ago. I never miss an event, I order every PPV. I make My cousins and friends and my girlfriend come over and we watch the fights.

haven’t watched Bellator, ONE, Rizin. I watch the highlights on YouTube or the play by play.

I watched Strikeforce when it was around

but really only the UFC. I spend all my time on sherdog.

I’m a white belt in Jiu Jitsu and an okay Wrestler.

Am I a casual fan? If not, who is a casual? People who Conor brought over?
It's something obsessed fans call normal fans who only pay attention when it is fitting to do so. If I wasn't a casual I'd be ashamed of myself

Not having a sherdog account

If you haven't trained some form of combat sport (preferably boxing, Muay Thai, wrestling, BJJ or Judo) for at least 3 months then you are a casual.

Also if you can't name at least 5 out of the top 15 in each division(other than women's or flyweight) you're a casual

Don't @ me

If you never trained. You can post 40.000 posts on sherdog, you never trained? -> casual bum, zero knowledge

A casual fan is someone like me that doesn't even watch the events anymore, even on free streams, but checks the PBP the next day to see who won, how the fights went down, etc. Like a casual baseball or basketball fan that checks the box scores

I don't know 90% of the names on the cards anymore and don't really care enough about the sport to follow too closely. If it ever came back to network television, I'd watch, but I cut the cord years ago and I'm not paying for a subscription to stream it on my computer.

Once UFC became, for all intents, a monopoly and my favorite fighters started retiring, my interest in the sport started waning considerably. This ESPN thing was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

I watch only the UFC really. I got into it through TUF 3 over 11 years ago. I never miss an event, I order every PPV. I make My cousins and friends and my girlfriend come over and we watch the fights.

haven’t watched Bellator, ONE, Rizin. I watch the highlights on YouTube or the play by play.

On sherdog you’re a casual when you bring up a counterpoint to someone else’s opinion and the other person has no other argument and so resorts to calling you names. When you see a post with words like casual, idiot, retard, autistic, dumbass, noob, that gives you a good clue you’re likely dealing with someone with zero critical thinking skills and you should just detach yourself from that interaction.

On sherdog you’re a casual when you bring up a counterpoint to someone else’s opinion and the other person has no other argument and so resorts to calling you names. When you see a post with words like casual, idiot, retard, autistic, dumbass, noob, that gives you a good clue you’re likely dealing with someone with zero critical thinking skills and you should just detach yourself from that interaction.

This post feelz like an offended before casual..?

There's your answer

This post feelz like an offended before casual..?
Your feelz if off base. I’m not an ‘offended.’ I’m an ‘annoyed by those who can’t have a civil discussion and name call, thus making this a toxic environment.’

Last edited:
Someone who’s opinion is different than yours. Definitely a fucking casual.

Also if you say something remotely positive about a fighter (even a fighter you don't like) you are a dick rider lol. Rational thinking isn't encouraged on here, you must either be a hater or a fan boy.

Back