What Makes Sense for Cerrone Next?

If Conor gets to fight Siver for a title shot

Then Cowboy should get to rematch Nate Diaz for his

Aint that some shit. Cerrone smashed Siver, and if Conor beats him he gets a title shot. The UFC strokes Conors dick.

The promo for the fight is Conor talking the entire length. Not even some translated Siver shit talk. Again...I am going to laugh my ass off if Conor eats a spinning kick to the liver.

Sorry, got off topic...How bout them cowboys

lol. He said he wants on that Colorado card on Feb. 14. Dare I say Matt Brown has found his replacement opponent...

Brown vs. Cerrone 160 catchweight. Cerrone DGAF.

Came here to discuss this very thing. Although I think Cerrone is fine just fighting at 170. Matt Brown would probably have a hard time with 160. Brown is a big WW.

I'd love to see Cerrone take this challenge. It doesn't hurt his standing in the LW rankings if he loses, but it could be a huge win for him. He's crazy enough to do it and seems like it has potential for fireworks.

Melendez would do the same thing Diaz did, if you want to see Cowboy dropped on his head for three rounds give him Eagle.

Melendez would be a great fight. I know it's someone coming off a win against someone off a loss but it's a guaranteed exciting fight.

Melendez doesn't deserve a top 5 contender IMO.

His UFC rapsheet isn't great. he has a loss to benson and pettis (already 2 title fights) and a win against sanchez. (not a big deal.)

Melendez vs khabilov sounds about right.

Cerrone should fight Khabib.

Edit: Myles jury vs gilbert melendez works too.

Last edited:
Khabib or Melendez

Both of those fights would work and be interesting clash of styles. Cowboys ground game is nice. Hes in a nice groove. He still starts way to slow in fights which is why Pettis would be bad match.

Cowboy vs Khabib (if Khabib doensn't duck for the 4th time)

If you buy into "styles make fights" or "no rematches" or some other random market-fueled criteria, Cerrone should fight Khabib and clean out the rest of the top 10 for the foreseeable future.

If you believe hard work should be rewarded, he should fight Pettis or RDA. This man has earned a shot. I don't care if it's a rematch.

Title eliminator. Wouldn't complain if he got a title shot, but he's 3rd in line.

Even though it would be considered step down for Cowboy, I would like to see him fight Tony Ferguson.

In any other division he would deserve a title shot.

Yep, we haven't had the chance to see Bendo/Cowboy in the UFC yet. I would love to see a 3rd fight from them if Bendo wins vs Alvarez.

Even though it would be considered step down for Cowboy, I would like to see him fight Tony Ferguson.

It would be a fun matchup for sure and Cerrone would take the fight for sure but I just feel Cerrone is at the point where he should be a fighting a Melendez, a Khabib or a Bendo someone who is top-tier even if Melendez is coming off a loss.

Still, I wouldn't complain at all if this was booked. Great fight.

Came here to discuss this very thing. Although I think Cerrone is fine just fighting at 170. Matt Brown would probably have a hard time with 160. Brown is a big WW.

I'd love to see Cerrone take this challenge. It doesn't hurt his standing in the LW rankings if he loses, but it could be a huge win for him. He's crazy enough to do it and seems like it has potential for fireworks.

Yeah he's definitely crazy enough to do it and the UFC would owe him one for whatever that's worth. I really think this could honestly be something Dana and Silva are entertaining but at the end of the day they may be more likely trying to get Rory or Lombard to step in against Brown.

It would be a fun matchup for sure and Cerrone would take the fight for sure but I just feel Cerrone is at the point where he should be a fighting a Melendez, a Khabib or a Bendo someone who is top-tier even if Melendez is coming off a loss.

Still, I wouldn't complain at all if this was booked. Great fight.

You're right, he does need to be fighting in the top-5 and working towards the title. This would just be a fun and exciting fight. Guaranteed FOTN if it happens.

cerrone is not pushing for a title shot because he wants no part of pettis. just give him fun fights.

cerrone vs melendez sounds great, imo.

Back