What makes people think Kayla Harrison could beat Amanda Nunes?

She's huge, I'm not sure she could even make 145. Literal female Lesnar

USADA has taken it's fair share of Ls against Jon Jones and Paulo Costa... Kayla has the same doctor that got her through the Olympics

anyone looking at that chick knows she's on something...haha....

She passed olympic testing. She can pass usada lol

did she look the same in the olympics as now? if so. either she's a genetic freak..or she's got a great dr. helping her beat the tests.

Considering how badly Nunes routed Ronda Rousey, there's a lot of space between being better than Rousey and being able to beat Amanda Nunes

Nunes is too big a task from what i seen of Kayla. the woman who can beat Nunes is one who has good striking defense or is very tough and the ability to push the pace on her. i don't see any woman fighter currently able to do that. Shevchenko has the defensive style, but doesn't have the ability to push the pace. Felicia Spencer had the toughness but was too tentative and not enough cardio to push the pace hard enough.

What I’ve noticed is once you’re a champion, and moreso a dominant champion, there will always be a large contingent of fans who think there’s a fighter they can’t beat

did she look the same in the olympics as now? if so. either she's a genetic freak..or she's got a great dr. helping her beat the tests.

she was huge in Olympics competed at 170 not as lean but an even more impressive physique for a chick

Have no clue but if she's able to pass there, she'll have the doctor to pass usada lol

I've never really seen anybody suggest that any woman could beat Nunes right now. Maybe a few Cyborg fans and that guy that said Megan could beat her. But I assume they're just trolling.
Cyborg could, the first match was crazy, but Cyborg could beat her imo

size might the only thing she has on nunes.

she is still green, in the last fight i saw her in, she did not meet the hype.

And I really doubt she can keep Nunes on the cage.

Nunes may be retired by the time she hones her skills enough to step up.

And I really doubt she can keep Nunes on the cage.

Nunes may be retired by the time she hones her skills enough to step up.
she's 30 now, talking about harrison. If she's not good now, when she be good? she's been doing this for almost 5 years.

That'll be crazy if khamzat chimaev is able to beat leon edwards and challenge usman for a title and he's been doing it for 2 years.

She was less cut and defined in the olympics but keep in mind she competed at the 78KG class (which is 171 pounds). She probably walks around in the 170 range. She's been fighting in MMA at 155, hence the need to cut (which in turn gives her a lot more definition).

She was less cut and defined in the olympics but keep in mind she competed at the 78KG class (which is 171 pounds). She probably walks around in the 170 range. She's been fighting in MMA at 155, hence the need to cut (which in turn gives her a lot more definition).

what can the competition level be at such a huge bodyweight for a female 171lbs? only women I know that weigh that are over weight pigs. just like men fighting at heavyweight, when they don't have a 265lb weight limit...most of the time, the guys are huge fat slobs.

she's 30 now, talking about harrison. If she's not good now, when she be good? she's been doing this for almost 5 years.

I can only go by the fights I've seen her in. Not saying she isn't skilled I just don't think she has enough to offer Nunes. Her fights weren't spectacular and her striking is no where near Nunes.

I like the lady and think she can make an impact - jus can't see here beating Nunes anytime soon. Nunes has also pondered retirement, so there is that as I mentioned too.

Obv I'd be in to see the match regardless.

Have no clue but if she's able to pass there, she'll have the doctor to pass usada lol

true....if costa can pass.....and someone who shall remain nameless, cause I don't want to get another yellow....a fella that had a recent bout of severe gyno...haha it's really not that difficult to pass. simple fast acting testosterone would work great...in and out of your system in hours....of course, you have to inject daily to get any good results.

There’s a reason she signed with pfl and has fought all cans to this point in her career

There's like only 5-6 active fighters in the women's FW division. Whenever she decides to drop to the UFC, she'll fit right in her propsed division at the least.

That being said, it's kind of impossible for her to cut down to BW where there is more competition, isn't it?

I've been cage side for all her fights. Most of her fights have been mismatches aimed and making her the PFL's undefeated women's champion. They're trying to build their version of a Rondo Rousey by padding her record. Skill wise she's like a bjj blue belt with good top control on smaller, less athletic opponents. She'd have a difficult time in the UFC against any girls that can wrestle and strike. She tough those and a nice person.

Last edited:
what can the competition level be at such a huge bodyweight for a female 171lbs? only women I know that weigh that are over weight pigs. just like men fighting at heavyweight, when they don't have a 265lb weight limit...most of the time, the guys are huge fat slobs.

Its judo in the olympics. You'd be amazed at the size of the some of the top level female judokas that have competed.

Remember Rousey competed at 70KG in the world judo championships and olympics as well.

Back