What makes people strong in Jiujitsu

honestly.. knowing how to use your body type to its best advantage. I feel like any frame can work great for jiu jitsu if used correctly

Someone who knows how to apply pressure (ie, grappling sk
Feeling helpless and unable to do anything you want to do is a distressing ... this feeling is so often interpreted as...
'Wow you're really strong (unlike me who is refined and technical).'

I like hearing that though. I don’t take it as an insult. I just think of it as a compliment to my technique, because I’m reasonably strong but I’m not that strong. I especially like hearing it from big guys who are probably actually stronger than I am!

Kettlebell and pullups

I’m a big proponent of calisthenics! I’ve been doing only calisthenics- primarily pull ups and push ups for about 5 years now. I don’t lift any weights anymore, although it is hard to work delts doing only calisthenics. I was consistently knocking out 100 pull ups and 200 push ups a day but I’ve tapered off and my goal is trying to hit that mark every 2 or 3 days now instead of daily.

Technique can make you feel, "strong" to an opponent. I have a grand total of seven beginner classes under my white belt. Last night I was training with a former UK champion Powerlifter who outweighs me by at least 30 pounds and can Bench more than I Deadlift. We were training Triangle Choke and the instructor told us to resist our partners. In spite of being much stronger than me, the Powerlifter could not stop me from from locking in the Triangle. He tapped within seconds. When he tried it on me, I was able to stop him from locking in the TC. He did eventually manage to get the choke, but it took him several minutes to get a tap, while I was tapping him out almost instantly.

Technique>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strength. All day every day.

Seeing as everyone is not giving actual answers I will do so.

Technique and 'BJJ' are all well and good but on the street or in mma aggression and intent are key.

Part of aggression is strength. The way I teach it is that you should always be ready to explode at a seconds notice.

The best exercises for this is jumping squats, clapping push ups, box jumps, battle ropes, bulgarian bag and training.

Don't get fixated on 'light sparring' get strong and go hard when you grapple. Be aggressive. Have intent

If you want more info then pm me and I'll give you some tips

Back