What makes Dominick Cruz’s style so effective?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I’ve been marathoning a bunch of his fights because other than his fight with Cody, I haven’t seen any of his other fights and his style is so unorthodox it’s mind blowing. Hard to hit yet can always piece his opponents up and the weird thing is that his style shouldn’t be as effective as it is. Can anyone explain why this motherfucker is so damn good.

Because he keeps his opponents guessing about what he's going to do. It's not that hard.

He's not there to beat you down. He's there to confuse the shit out of you and piece you up little by little. If that's lost to his opponent, he's in for a long night.

That's why TJ was so ineffective against him, because he was just emotionally headhunting the whole fight. Cody on the other hand, didn't play into Dom's dance at all. Whenever Dom was near the cage, Cody was like get back in the center motherfucker so I can line this right hand up.

Lots of movement, utilizes tons of angles, and has weird pacing. Its difficult to deal with.

Men aren't used to fighting spastic girls, so his style is hard to prepare for.

you shouldve seen how effective it was in his last fight

iur

iu

iu

Because he silly stumble around drunken boxing style keeps him safe in training so he doesn't have to miss out on a lot of fights from injuries.

He has the weirdest rhythm to his movement ever and most guys just can't figure it out.

Also Cruz doesn't really care if he hurts you
Watch his fight with TJ, he's really just interested in touching you more than you touch him. And if you stall and stop moving then he'll unload
But in general he doesn't even care to have his feet set when he's pot shotting, it's a great hit and run style that during his best years the sport just wasn't equipped to deal with

I’ve been marathoning a bunch of his fights because other than his fight with Cody, I haven’t seen any of his other fights and his style is so unorthodox it’s mind blowing. Hard to hit yet can always piece his opponents up and the weird thing is that his style shouldn’t be as effective as it is. Can anyone explain why this motherfucker is so damn good.

speed.

keepin his head off the center line so he is very hard to hit

He sacrificed his knees for his incredible movement, and he never commits much to his punches.

Reach, cardio, chin, fight IQ, determination. He could have picked any style and been great with it because all the other pieces are there.

Back