What makes ALI the greatest?

Why, because he's telling the truth? Ali was rich and famous, and that is the only reason he got out of going to war. All the other non famous poor people had to go fight and die. And they done it willingly. What made him better? Nothing. As a boxer he is one of the greatest, and I respect him as that. As a human being, I have zero respect for him. He is a draft dodging coward.

No understanding of politics, and no concept of history. What a wonderful combination.

Luckily for you, ignorance is bliss and you don't have to feel humiliated as you should.

Rocky Marciano unbeaten............need we say more

Ali was the best showman by far the heavyweight division during his run was the best ever.........but he lost......

Marciano never did...

I am not sure. I think his bout with Parkinson's has elevated his status. I am not sure if he would garner as much attention as he does without the complications with Parkinson's.

I am with Joe Frazier. I can't get over the shit he put Smokin' Joe through back in the day. Classless and uncalled for. Especially given the audience and sentiments of that era.

Rocky Marciano unbeaten............need we say more

Ali was the best showman by far the heavyweight division during his run was the best ever.........but he lost......

Marciano never did...

I'm far from an Ali apologist but...

If Ali would have retired at the same age as Rocky (32) he would have had only two losses (Frazier and Norton) and would have already beaten greats like Moore, Patterson, Liston, Frazier, Norton, Foreman (these seven guys are top twenty). He beat an eighth (Shavers) after age 32...

How many top-twenty wins did Rocky have--I counted four: Louis, Walcott, Charles, Moore?

It doesn't mean Ali is better--but he did face consistently better competition...IMO.

I am not sure. I think his bout with Parkinson's has elevated his status. I am not sure if he would garner as much attention as he does without the complications with Parkinson's.

I am with Joe Frazier. I can't get over the shit he put Smokin' Joe through back in the day. Classless and uncalled for. Especially given the audience and sentiments of that era.

I agree with you--his icon status goes FAR beyond his achievements. Yes, I also have his civil rights achievements in mind...

No understanding of politics, and no concept of history. What a wonderful combination.

Oh realy? Well you know what? You can try to twist it around all you want... to suit yourself. But in the end his actions speak for themselfs. It was utterly disrespectful to all those who fought and died for this country (who went willingly btw) so he could live the life of luxery. His true colors where shown. He got out of it simply because he was rich and famous... bottom line. I'm sure all of the other people who were not rich and famous wish they didn't have to go as well. But they did what they had to do.

Luckily for you, ignorance is bliss and you don't have to feel humiliated as you should.

I'm not ashamed of anything. It's you who are inlove with Ali, so you try to twist his disgusting actions around so they seem like they were justified. It is you who are ignorant.

"Ain't no Viet Cong ever call me a ******."

Enough said.

Yes, that justify's draft dodging. :rolleyes: I'll bet all the other black people who had to go and fight, wish they could have said the same thing and got out of it. Ofcourse they couldn't because they were not famous. Instead they sucked it up and went and fought bravely for our country.

Oh realy? Well you know what? You can try to twist it around all you want... to suit yourself. But in the end his actions speak for themselfs. It was utterly disrespectful to all those who fought and died for this country (who went willingly btw) so he could live the life of luxery. His true colors where shown. He got out of it simply because he was rich and famous... bottom line. I'm sure all of the other people who were not rich and famous wish they didn't have to go as well. But they did what they had to do.

I'm not ashamed of anything. It's you who are inlove with Ali, so you try to twist his disgusting actions around so they seem like they were justified. It is you who are ignorant.

You should not waste your time, and more importantly, my time, by posting these adolescant and naive patriotard posts. Do everyone a favor and try reading a book.

Is this about boxing, or something else?

He is 1 of the top 5 boxers to ever lace them up. That's pretty fuckin solid.

Ali was the greatest heavyweight (arguably) certainly not the greatest fighter but somewhere in the top ten is fair. "Greatest" was a moniker, not really an accuracy, if you are asking what made him so great???? His speed, his skill, his stamina, his chin, his heart, his competition and his intelligence in the ring(i'd say he was the SMARTEST not the greatest) how else could he beat so many men whom he had no right to beat? Put it all together and you end up with a freakishly unique fighter who distorts all the rules.

You should not waste your time, and more importantly, my time, by posting these adolescant and naive patriotard posts. Do everyone a favor and try reading a book.

So... in other words you have no point, and can't refute anything I've said? Ok, just checking...

^^^He seemed very light on his feet because he was light. In his prime he averaged about 215 to 220 lbs. At 6'3" that's pretty light on the feet. Especially in comparison to today's heavyweight.

I mean, the obvious reason is that he avenged all his losses and reigned supreme over the most stacked HW division of alltime.

What are other reasons? There has to be more than that. And if you dont think ALI is the greatest, who is and why?

His trash talk and personality along with what he did in the ring. Guy was just a superstar.

Ali would win.....When the whole world expected him to lose.....Liston I, Frazier II.......and of course Foreman in 1974.

Ali pulled rabbits out of the hat when most of the fight watching public was expecting his demise.

Thats greatness.......

This is what makes a fighter special and why some pretenders to the throne just don't cut it.

Convenience. Most people will watch a few highlight videos on YouTube, watch a documentary and will start calling him the greatest. People call him great for what he did outside the ring on top of what he did inside the ring.

He was an icon but when we are specifically talking boxing I don't think he is the greatest but he's up there with the greats. I personally have Sugar Ray Robinson and Floyd Mayweather ahead of him.

Go and ask a non fight fan who the greater boxer ever is and most of them will say ali and won't even have heard of srr.

Ask them how many fights he lost and they will usually answer none.

Back