What lives matter?

They are only on national news because people went psycho and made a scene. Otherwise it wouldn't be on national television and those officers wouldn't get punished. It seems they only do the right thing half the time when they are under the microscope. It doesn't mean that when things happen to whites we don't care.
there are plenty of shootings where the victim isn't black that never get on national news.

huh?

trayvon was national news before zimmerman went to trial.

micheal brown was national news before the cops went to trial.(which started this BLM movement)

BLM started a long time before that. Decades of police murdering people and getting away with it laid a pretty good foundation, but the rise of cameras meant people couldn't pretend there wasn't a problem any more.

Cops aren't getting convicted, even in really egregious cases. This is what fuels people

BLM started a long time before that. Decades of police murdering people and getting away with it laid a pretty good foundation, but the rise of cameras meant people couldn't pretend there wasn't a problem any more.

Cops aren't getting convicted, even in really egregious cases. This is what fuels people
no, it didn't.

"In 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag#BlackLivesMatter on social media, after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin. Black Lives Matter became nationally recognized for its street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans: Michael Brown, resulting in protests and unrest in Ferguson, and Eric Garner in New York City."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

before micheal brown and eric garner it was nothing more than a hashtag for a few months. the movement started after micheal brown and eric garner's deaths

no, it didn't.

"In 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag#BlackLivesMatter on social media, after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin. Black Lives Matter became nationally recognized for its street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans: Michael Brown, resulting in protests and unrest in Ferguson, and Eric Garner in New York City."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

before micheal brown and eric garner it was nothing more than a hashtag for a few months. the movement started after micheal brown and eric garner's deaths

These people had the same fears and anger before they became #blacklivesmatter

stop lying to the guy Joe. What's wrong with you tonight you silly rascal you.

Black people just started speaking out this year. Everyone knows that.

they hadn't started the movement until micheal brown and eric garner was killed.

people thinking something but not doing anything doesn't make it a movement. i'm not saying people didn't think they were treated unfairly before BLM existed. but the BLM movement didn't start the first time someone thought "hey, that kid was killed because he was black". it started after micheal brown and eric garner were killed

stop lying to the guy Joe. What's wrong with you tonight you silly rascal you.

Black people just started speaking out this year. Everyone knows that.
show me were i said that.

BLM isn't the only platform for a black person to speak out, nor does a black person speaking out automatically make them apart of the BLM movement(especially before that movement even started.)

show me were i said that.

BLM isn't the only platform for a black person to speak out, nor does a black person speaking out automatically make them apart of the BLM movement(especially before that movement even started.)

I think you missed the point of his post.

I think you missed the point of his post.
unless his post is explaining how the BLM movement existed before the BLM movement existed it's irrelevant to the conversation.

our conversation was whether or not the BLM movement started after micheal bronw was killed. black peoples fears and anger "before they became #blacklivesmatter"(his words) are irrelevant as to whether or not the movement started after micheal brown.

and no, i didn't miss the point of his post at all.

the point of his post was to shift the goal posts from "did the movement start after micheal brown or not" to "did black people have fear and anger before BLM existed". the fact he says they had fear and anger before they became BLM shows this. he's admitting that started afterwards but doesn't want to admit he was wrong so he is trying to go in a different direction.

Last edited:
Because the killers weren't being convicted. Especially cops.

thankfully, almost all of them were justified. Close to 100% were put into extremely tough situations. A few were accidents and charged as such.

unless his post is explaining how the BLM movement existed before the BLM movement existed it's irrelevant to the conversation.

our conversation was whether or not the BLM movement started after micheal bronw was killed. black peoples fears and anger "before they became #blacklivesmatter"(his words) are irrelevant as to whether or not the movement started after micheal brown.

and no, i didn't miss the point of his post at all.

the point of his post was to shift the goal posts from "did the movement start after micheal brown or not" to "did black people have fear and anger before BLM existed". the fact he says they had fear and anger before they became BLM shows this. he's admitting that started afterwards but doesn't want to admit he was wrong so he is trying to go in a different direction.

It's the idea, the concept of a black peoples movement.

Like he said these have existed before, they might have had different names and were called something different but the point is the concept is the same.

It's the idea, the concept of a black peoples movement.

Like he said these have existed before, they might have had different names and were called something different but the point is the concept is the same.
ok, and did i say there has never been a black people's movement before? nope.

i said that BLM started after micheal brown was killed. how is this hard?

thankfully, almost all of them were justified. Close to 100% were put into extremely tough situations. A few were accidents and charged as such.

I don't know what you're referring to, but tomorrow i will show you that you are full of shit.

ok, and did i say there has never been a black people's movement before? nope.

i said that BLM started after micheal brown was killed. how is this hard?

Just seemed like you missed the point early on.

Now we're all good.

they hadn't started the movement until micheal brown and eric garner was killed.

people thinking something but not doing anything doesn't make it a movement. i'm not saying people didn't think they were treated unfairly before BLM existed. but the BLM movement didn't start the first time someone thought "hey, that kid was killed because he was black". it started after micheal brown and eric garner were killed

So when you said "BLM spawned from" what you actually meant was "the BLM hashtag started being used after".

I'm telling you what the BLM movement spawned from. You're telling me when you noticed them as a social media trend

3 or 4 of them should be protested.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about heinous police abuse that is about as clearcut as you can get with no cops being punished / convicted. You seem to be saying this never happens

there are plenty of shootings where the victim isn't black that never get on national news.

I'm waiting for your point.

Calling the guy "your retard" is out of line.

A local Fox news station? That is national?

If they posted every single shooting on national news, they wouldn't have time for anything else. It's pretty well covered, and it's on an international board now.

The entire argument is silly. I really don't get how you come up with this idea that things are equal. It's been proven time after time. It's a lot better than when my father was young, but there is still tons of racism.

So where's the part about state actors, like the police, being part of the robbery. Also where's the possibility that these criminals won't be prosecuted?

3 or 4 of them should be protested.

Here are some stories after literal minutes of searching on Sherdog.

A cop was finally arrested for shooting an unarmed elderly man in 2014. It looks like the family had to bring a lawsuit before the police admitted that the police footage showed that the elderly man did not try to take the officer's gun, which the cop had claimed in multiple incident reports.

The arrested officer "essentially admits all the facts in the case", but will plead not guilty.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/south-carolina-cop-indicted-elderly-man/

Man with pellet gun and ear buds in was shot in the back. Cops claimed he never had ear buds in, could ear him fine and that he pointed the gun at them. Witnesses say he never pointed the gun at all and had ear buds in, didn't even know they were there. Pictures back up the witnesses.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2134000/da...ied-about-removing-earbuds-from-victims-ears/

Six-year-old boy killed and his father (at the time of the writing) was in critical care with bullets in his brain. The cops who did the shooting have been arrested and the prosecutor who reviewed their body came footage said it was the worst thing he's ever seen. The arrested cops said they had a duty to arrest him, but there were no warrants out for the father's arrest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/louisiana-shooting-6-year-old_us_563e2596e4b0307f2cadb1ef

Cops hear car backfire, think they're being shot at (even though other cops are desperately trying to explain they aren't being shot at), chase innocent guy down and execute him, including Officer Rambo standing on the hood of his car and firing bullets into him.

https://news.vice.com/article/cleve...ing-15-rounds-into-car-while-standing-on-hood

25-year-old guy was suffering mental illness. His mother called police to take him to hospital. Police shoot him, claim he attacked them with a broom. Footage shows him running away from cops.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-man-shot-dead-police-release-new-video.html

Cops kill a little girl searching for a suspect.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...th-killing-autistic-men-and-little-girls.html

A mentally handicapped woman who was tazed to death (blasted 4 times; 3 times are thought to be the threshold a person cannot survive) after she was already restrained with her hands cuffed behind her back, legs shackled and had a... restraining mask?... of some sort put on her. In prison, btw, about as restrained as a human being can be.

More lovely details behind her death are at that delightful link, including the information that the police covered up the details of her death (naturally) and cannot even tell people why she was arrested since SHE called police to report that she had been assaulted.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...Kenna-with-her-hands-cuffed-and-legs-shackled

Sheriff shoots a realtor in another jurisdiction. He has no business being there, makes a strange call to 911, claims he was there for "training exercises", and police in that jurisdiction wonder why he left certain things at the crime scene, but the sheriff answered no questions and was charged with a misdemeanor.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/georgia_sheriff_charged_in_pol.html

Police arrive at a residence asking to talk to a man who no longer lived there. The current resident informed them that the man no longer lived there. The police asked to come in and look around and the resident said not without a warrant and closed the door on them. That's when they attacked and killed him.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/11/16/man-slams-doors-on-cops-who-had-no-warra

Police respond to 911 call, but ignore directions and go to wrong house. Cops enter house without notice, dog starts barking. Homeowner gets up to see what dog is barking at. Cops shoot dog, homeowner and another cop just to even things up.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/...-house-gbi-leading-inv/nnWKr/?ref=cbTopWidget

Not a comprehensive list by any means. Hundreds of stories out there to be read by people who have no idea what they're talking about (you). And just for fun, search the internet for "police wrong address". Lots of delightful hijinx ending with innocent people being killed.

Back