What land animal is the ultimate hunter?

The benefit of a housecat that you let outside is you're a lot less likely to get any rodents into your house since a lot of times the cat will catch most rodents nearby the house.

Fossa. Cat, monkey, mongoose and dog all in one.

fossa.png

Last edited:
Dogman. It's out there.

c7fb1e_79ded258085d4644a35dd2f76e8c6108.jpg_srz_460_470_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Yea, tbh, fuck domesticated cats (Apologies to the feline gimmicks round these parts). Those things are deranged killers. The birds they kill in droves are many times more important to us than their trained companionship is.

I haven't let a pet cat outside in twenty years.

The sad flip side to that is that the cat I have now is scared of friggin moths.

Pretty embarrassing

Amanda Nunes just made a strong case for the lioness.

Polar bear. They just stroll around without fear of anything, including humans.

There was a group of scientists and their team in the Arctic doing some research. At one point, a polar bear came into their camp, checked shit out, grabbed what it wanted, and started to walk away. It was acting like it was browsing at a shop. Didn't care about the people or vehicles or anything. As it was walking away, one of the security guys thought it would be a good idea to shoot a round in the air to scare it off. The bear stopped dead in it's tracks, turned back and walked towards the guy for about 10 seconds, gave him a stare, and then continued on it's way.

Tiger is.

Bears to my knowledge are not sneaky or superior hunters and don't stalk prey the same as tigers.

The answer is whatever the subject of "Killed by Death" by Motorhead is..... so yeah, probably a cat, though I have seen some badass spiders.

Well that depends on the criteria.

The Cheetah is technically the right answer for a large animal by itself. It has the highest successful hunting rate of all the big cats and one of the better rates (observed at around 50-75% based on the cats skill level) of any predator.

But for most badass land Predator?

Tiger

Biggest, strongest cat on the planet. Eats brown and black bears, reports of killing a couple adult elephants and rhinos (by jumping on backs and ripping the animal up with their strong hind legs/long claws).

Tiger_attack_elephant.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Polar bear. They just stroll around without fear of anything, including humans.

There was a group of scientists and their team in the Arctic doing some research. At one point, a polar bear came into their camp, checked shit out, grabbed what it wanted, and started to walk away. It was acting like it was browsing at a shop. Didn't care about the people or vehicles or anything. As it was walking away, one of the security guys thought it would be a good idea to shoot a round in the air to scare it off. The bear stopped dead in it's tracks, turned back and walked towards the guy for about 10 seconds, gave him a stare, and then continued on it's way.

I think it was a documentary series special called Planet Earth and they were in polar bear region filiming them. For protection they had a 50 cal mounted machine gun and it showed someone firing round after round in the air over this thing's head and it simply kept walking toward the camera. Zero fucks.

Tiger is.

Bears to my knowledge are not sneaky or superior hunters and don't stalk prey the same as tigers.

Bears are shockingly stealthy. Bears can get very close to humans without them noticing. Polar bears hunt other animals the most. Kodiak bears will hunt some other animals (mostly young/newbornish deer/elk/moose), just not that often. But really bears don't hunt like big cats. Tigers and Leopards take down animals 2-4x+ their own weight by themselves.

giphy.gif

PinkVioletBarasinga.gif

Last edited:
Tiger or jaguar IMO. Both solitary predators that can take down prey far larger than themselves and have no competition in their habitats. To be honest, the jaguar surpasses the tiger p4p in terms of power relative to size, and bite force.

Lions aren't as effective as the first two in consistently getting food on their own and they also have to deal with other apex predators like hyenas.

Leopards have to compete with both lions and hyenas for survival.

A shark is almost impossible to get away from when it's on land. My choice is a shark.

The leopard.

It can carry its kill that can weigh up to three times its own weight on top of trees to consume it there, safe from lions, and hyenas. It hunts almost in completele silence, able to sneak up on almost any animal.

The tiger.

Unlike the leopard, the tiger are the apex predators in the countries they're found. Able to bring down even a large ox, they're also known for having the highest kill counts when it comes to humans, and shown to be very elusive against hunters. Its fur makes it able to blend in and catch its prey by surprise.

The wolf.

Unlike the big cats, wolves hunt in packs and do not have to sneak in so close where they're just a single jump away from their prey. They sneak up, pick a target from a herd, and run until the one the alpha male has picked is out of stamina, and bring it down. They're able to bring down buffalo, an animal about four times their own size thanks to their team work.

Some other animal?

House cat>>>>>>>

obviously the answer is humans, even in the hunter/gatherer stage.

dogs/wolves are amazingly efficient. theyre the only ones who approach us and have a similar hunting style, which is probably one of the reasons that we're homies now

if they arent allowed to hunt in packs, id have to say the bear

honorable mention to housecats, fucking ruthless killing machines

Last edited by a moderator:
Most hunters only kill what they eat. The exceptions I've seen to that are man and house cats who kill for sport and trophies.

Back