What land animal is the ultimate hunter?

Ghost and the Darkness motherfuckers. Snatch you up at night while you're sleeping. Male Lions are freaking scary

UKhresc.jpg

Ill give the wolverine a shout it. Toughest, most relentless mofos on urf. Even grizzlies have a harder time standing down wolf packs. Amazing aminal.

Ill give the wolverine a shout it. Toughest, most relentless mofos on urf. Even grizzlies have a harder time standing down wolf packs. Amazing aminal.
Pound for Pound the toughest, but would get mauled by an Alpha Polar Bear or Kodiak Bear if it really came down to it.

I was going to mention house cats or domesticated cats. Little monsters that watch us sleep. Vicious and unforgiving. My brother's cat had a habit of going after ground hogs. More than once I've looked out his window to see a ground hog running away while it had it's claws dug into his haunches.

@lsa @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @kevy2pale
My dad had a cat that took out like a half dozen moles one year. It was a make cat who didn't even normally care to hunt. He either fucking hated moles or loved the way the tasted, though. I thought it was weird and cool.

Then you're fucked. Lions generally don't hunt humans unless they're injured. Especially male lions.

They eat probably a Dozen or more people a year in Africa I'm sure. You just don't hear about it. Although Hippos and Crocs kill more.

Octopuses should be considered scarier than spiders. I blame lack of UFC marketing support. Malleable body yields developed brain, awesome combo. Killer finisher.

I just watched a harbor seal rip an octopus to shreds.

Nothing I know is true for more than a few minutes.

Humans AINEC. Given a long enough distance a human can outrun any other animal on the planet.

This isn't true.

I've seen the persistence hunting video but there's plenty of animals that can outlast us.

Dogman. It's out there.

c7fb1e_79ded258085d4644a35dd2f76e8c6108.jpg_srz_460_470_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Yup, house cats are the culprits to many many animals going extinct in the past 75 years because they kill everything in the areas we take them too. Australia has declared war on feral cats and apparently loses 80 million indigenous animals a day to them. A tiger is like the most badass soldier in the military, house cats are like Hitler or Pol Pot.

Yea, tbh, fuck domesticated cats (Apologies to the feline gimmicks round these parts). Those things are deranged killers. The birds they kill in droves are many times more important to us than their trained companionship is.

The leopard.

It can carry its kill that can weigh up to three times its own weight on top of trees to consume it there, safe from lions, and hyenas. It hunts almost in completele silence, able to sneak up on almost any animal.

The tiger.

Unlike the leopard, the tiger are the apex predators in the countries they're found. Able to bring down even a large ox, they're also known for having the highest kill counts when it comes to humans, and shown to be very elusive against hunters. Its fur makes it able to blend in and catch its prey by surprise.

The wolf.

Unlike the big cats, wolves hunt in packs and do not have to sneak in so close where they're just a single jump away from their prey. They sneak up, pick a target from a herd, and run until the one the alpha male has picked is out of stamina, and bring it down. They're able to bring down buffalo, an animal about four times their own size thanks to their team work.

Some other animal?

since the wolf needs to be part of a pack and the tiger is both stronger and bigger than the leapord, i'd say tiger.

This isn't true.

I've seen the persistence hunting video but there's plenty of animals that can outlast us.

Go on then, name some of these animals since there's plenty of them. Or post a source debunking it.

A man recently broke a world record for cross country running. He ran 3,067 miles in 6 weeks. That's 72 miles a day. No other animal on this planet could do that. source

Back