What Kind of Trading Cards Did You Collect as a Kid?

NBA almost exclusively. I got a football and baseball set every now and then but I was huge into basketball cards. I have a Michael Jordan refractor...somewhere

Garbage Pail Kinds when I was in elementary school. All four major sports in middle school and high school. Started buying/selling and collecting sports cards again in 2006.

Panini Stickers were my shit back in the day too

BXw1cz-IMAEBAqy.jpg
I had the Panini baseball stickers and books back in the day.

Also dude above looks like poster child for meth addiction

Baseball and those Panini sticker books.
Football
Star Wars
Superman
Garbage Pail Kids

my neighbors, growing up, these two creepy Russian kids - they used to ask to borrow my Marvel cards, so I'd let them. then one day, as they were returning them to me, the female superhero cards were all curved/rolled up.

to this day when I see them, they're afraid to look me in the eye haha

Almost anything.

I really want to dig up my old Milton Bradley G.I Joe and Transformers cards that had the actual toy box/cardart.

Hockey cards, we used to throw them up against the wall, god knows how many Gretzky rookie cards I wrecked

I was at the perfect age during the CCG boom to be suckered in. Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens/Predator, Magic, Middle Earth, The DBZ/Ani-Mayhem ones, Pokemon and Digimon. On top of that all of the Marvel sets they had. I'm sure I'm missing some.

So much wasted money.

I saw an article yesterday saying crazy MF'ers now are paying crazy prices for the first Impel Marvel trading cards, sets, unopened boxes.

I was too late to buy by the pack, but bought maybe Colossus as a single card. Bought a bunch of series 2, which had John Romita Jr. art on a bunch and also Art Adams. The 3rd series with borderless black space background didn't really have great art, just Ron Lim art, I think. I barely bought any series 4 and that also had crappy art.

The Jim Lee X-Men cards had good pencils, but the inking and coloring seemed really low effort.

Used to be you could find Star Wars, WWF cards, sports cards in medium drugstore chain. Even Costco carried baseball and basketball boxes at one point.

I noticed Walmart now has trading cards behind the counter along side cigarettes and a sign saying sales final as if douchebags would open and try to return or exchange. Only saw Magic though.

New to the sport so only know Moyes as a manager but man he was an ugly duck

Lol, he's had some work done. I didn't know him as a player either so that was a shock...at least his missus didn't marry him for his looks...

Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, and football/baseball

Gave my pokemon cards to my brother who still collects them and threw away most of my football cards except for a few cool ones.

I just saw Amazon as seller has a Magic pack costing $20! One pack! Listed some special sounding cards in it.

Batman 89
TMNT the movie.
Fangoria
Marvel Masterpieces
Marvel Universe
Spawn
All kinds of basketball cards. (Fleer, Skybox, idk what else there was)

I specifically bought Post Honeycomb cereal for the crappy unlicensed baseball cards on decent cardstock but with photos omitting MLB team logos. Also bought Mother's Cookies for the crappy borderless cards.

A while back I saw one cereal had maybe Topps MLS soccer cards uncut on the box back. Passed.

Back