What kind of thumb injury keeps Lawler out of a November fight?

Maybe someone bit it off and they need to reattach it. With Robbie, you never know.

that injury not only has to heal but it also means he cant strike with it so how does he train to fight a striker like Condit without being able to strike?

I had a sprained thumb when I was like 10-11. Shit fucking sucked and I wore a thumb cast for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, but you heal from bone injuries fast as a kid. 2-3 weeks before I could take it off. I still have some stiffness in that spot to this day 11 years later.

Bunch of harasses here working the heavy bag and doing deadlifts with broken thumbs.

Robbie is clearly ducking and connar fights through self professed injuries, god people are so dumb.

Self-inflicted IMO.

tumblr_mlfw5abtXO1s5kkwjo1_250.gif

that injury not only has to heal but it also means he cant strike with it so how does he train to fight a striker like Condit without being able to strike?

Pretty sure Fedor fought Cro-Cop with a thumb injury. Bone chip sliding around in his right hand. Numbed it up before the fight. Could punch, but couldn't grasp to grapple properly.

Pretty sure Fedor fought Cro-Cop with a thumb injury. Bone chip sliding around in his right hand. Numbed it up before the fight. Could punch, but couldn't grasp to grapple properly.

would that be allowed in a sanctioned fight? I really have no idea. I was just going to post the question, read it and realized it sounded douchematic. I'm not going for douchematic here.

I hurt my thumb years ago playing rugby. I didn't go to the doctor so I don't know what the actual diagnosis would have been. It got better on its own for the most part, but it's still not the same today. The slightest jam or getting it caught on something (like on someone's shirt while grappling) and it hurts like hell for a bit and then aches for the rest of the day.

The worst. If you're doing any kind of grappling (my experience with it comes from wrestling) tuck in your goddamned shirt and don't wear one that's two sizes too big. Obviously I'm sure Robbie's injury is much more severe.

The bait-and-switch kind that allows the UFC to further hype their cash-cow.

TS is trash.

People keep suggesting all of the legitimate ways that a thumb injury could prevent him from training or be significant, and TS just caws "BUT WE DON'T HAVE PROOF IT'S THAT EXACT THING."

And you don't have proof that it's something so mild that he can fight on. I don't know, maybe he feels like having a training camp where he's not one-handed. Call me crazy.

Would you assume that Robbie wanted to fight?

Would you assume that Robbie might go to an actual doctor before pulling out of the fight?

Quit trolling.

Hey OP..... Try making a fist without your thumb and go punch a brick wall.

sucks that Robbie is out, hope he recovers quick and gets back in there, always fun to watch

yeah for sure an injured thumb could set someone back in their training

WORST pain ever as some of you are describing?....just no lol

The question isn't if it'll be OK by November. What many of you are failing to realize is he needs to train for the fight. Everything from grappling, TDD, weight lifting, and boxing would be limited until the injury heals.

Not possible to train with a thumb injury.
You can't punch.
Closing your wrist hurts.

It's not a good idea.

Sounds like a bad idea. Also, I don't think that's legal in the US. It's especially not legal in Australia.

The kind of injectable intravenous thumb injury that provides 3:1 testosterone epitestosterone ratios and career resurgences to late 30s journeyman but also the kind of thumb injury which requires lots of time to cycle off due to random drug testing

Back