What kind of thumb injury keeps Lawler out of a November fight?

I've had a dislocated left thumb that couldn't be popped back into place. It required plastic surgery and 6 weeks in a cast. It has never been the same since. I'd say 90%.

As a hobby I play guitar and your left thumb is very important if it's your fret hand. Playing guitar is also one of the best rehab exercises you can to to strengthen the thumb again but mine never regained full strength. It was tender for years.

A thumb injury can take a long time to rehab.

I hurt my thumb years ago playing rugby. I didn't go to the doctor so I don't know what the actual diagnosis would have been. It got better on its own for the most part, but it's still not the same today. The slightest jam or getting it caught on something (like on someone's shirt while grappling) and it hurts like hell for a bit and then aches for the rest of the day.

I've had a dislocated left thumb that couldn't be popped back into place. It required plastic surgery and 6 weeks in a cast. It has never been the same since. I'd say 90%.

As a hobby I play guitar and your left thumb is very important if it's your fret hand. Playing guitar is also one of the best rehab exercises you can to to strengthen the thumb again but mine never regained full strength. It was tender for years.

A thumb injury can take a long time to rehab.

Yeah man, probably the longest lingering injury ive had was when I severely sprained my thumb,..worse than dislocating my shoulder lol, breaking bones in my nose, whatever, it took ages to heal.

It sounds silly, 'oh I hurt my thumb', fuck that worst pain man lol.

ufc-thumb1.gif

grab00404.jpg

Bullshit post and bullshit claim.

No way in hell you predicted Robbie to be UFC champ. I'll never believe you no matter what you say unless you link me to a post you made 5 years ago saying it.

LOL why would I need to convince you of anything? Robbie has been my favorite fighter as long as I can remember and I have always said he has the necessary skills to be champ!

So back to my main point, does anybody know the nature of his thumb injury???

Robbie did say that he wanted to have a longer break after the Rory fight, so when I heard the November announcement, I thought that was too soon

Before all the idiots say I'm questioning Robbie's toughness, Robbie Lawler has been my favorite fighter since before he even went to Strikeforce and before he even came back to the UFC I predicted him to be the welterweight champ. So with that said....

Why does a thumb injury keep him out all the way until November? Where only at the end of August now that's a good 2 1/2 months until the fight. How would it not be healed up in time? Plus does anyone know the nature of his thumb injury? Is it broken or is it a torn muscle or what?

I also don't really see how a thumb injury prevents somebody from training effectively either. I think Conor McGregor messed up his thumb before his fight with Dustin and was still able to continue training and won the fight.

Can somebody please shine some insight?
have you ever tried lifting weights with a finger injury? Get back to me when you have, it fucking SUCKS. I only stubbed my index finger while doing pullups 3 weeks ago, still hurts today. If Robbie had a break, that could take months to heal.

back da fug up

I have it on good authority that Ronda says she thinks he's a pussy because of this. I don't know why she is stirring the pot so much.

Sherdog rousey haters be like it's just a conspiracy they paid Robbie off ("injured") so Ronda can get the attendance record to make her look like more of a star....lol. Seriously tho unless it's a broken thumb I could see it he wouldn't be able to have a full camp probably wouldn't be able to train til Oct

Even if the injury is 100% healed by November, I'm sure Lawler would prefer to defend his belt with close to a full camp.

LOL why would I need to convince you of anything? Robbie has been my favorite fighter as long as I can remember and I have always said he has the necessary skills to be champ!

So back to my main point, does anybody know the nature of his thumb injury???

You don't need to convince me of anything.

But everyone knows you're full of shit just so you know.

Who fucking cares, if Robbie camp says he needs to postpone I believe it, he's earned that, he's been such a warrior and company man since his return. Condit didn't deserve the shot anyways so it's all good

I broke just a finger, and couldn't use any of my hand for an entire month. It is painful and sucks and frustrating. Don't see how you could train without the use of one hand.

I jammed my index finger about 6 weeks ago bad throwing a punch that was blocked on the point of an elbow, still hurts to even throw a jab with it.

ITT someone that's never trained and doesn't understand how debilitating even smaller hand injuries can be, and questions one of the toughest ufc champs.

Back