What kind of thumb injury keeps Lawler out of a November fight?

theBLADE1

The sharpest poster on the Sher
@Black
Reaction score
Before all the idiots say I'm questioning Robbie's toughness, Robbie Lawler has been my favorite fighter since before he even went to Strikeforce and before he even came back to the UFC I predicted him to be the welterweight champ. So with that said....

Why does a thumb injury keep him out all the way until November? Where only at the end of August now that's a good 2 1/2 months until the fight. How would it not be healed up in time? Plus does anyone know the nature of his thumb injury? Is it broken or is it a torn muscle or what?

I also don't really see how a thumb injury prevents somebody from training effectively either. I think Conor McGregor messed up his thumb before his fight with Dustin and was still able to continue training and won the fight.

Can somebody please shine some insight?

knowing robbie, they probably are still looking for the thumb.

It's gotta be pretty damn bad. I don't remember him ever pulling out of a fight before. He can probably touch his wrist with it.

Before all the idiots say I'm questioning Robbie's toughness, Robbie Lawler has been my favorite fighter since before he even went to Strikeforce and before he even came back to the UFC I predicted him to be the welterweight champ. So with that said....

Why does a thumb injury keep him out all the way until November? Where only at the end of August now that's a good 2 1/2 months until the fight. How would it not be healed up in time? Plus does anyone know the nature of his thumb injury? Is it broken or is it a torn muscle or what?

I also don't really see how a thumb injury prevents somebody from training effectively either. I think Conor McGregor messed up his thumb before his fight with Dustin and was still able to continue training and won the fight.

not all injuries are the same.
and a broken thumb would definitely disrupt your training.

Is it broken? I haven't seen one report on the nature of his thumb injury. None of them have said it's broken

Exactly. How is Lawler supposed to train in the next two months when he can't throw a fist?

Thumb would probably heal by November, but maybe he wants to be able to train

Not sure

But if we are being legit we'd see some reports by the UFC doctor that apparently all injured fighters go to

I hope the fight gets made for the January card, it's an amazing fight and looking forward to Robbie smashing Condit

3315839783_c4159a9701.jpg

You don't punch with your thumb. You you might use it for grappling but when I made a thread about the potential for Robbie shooting for some takedowns everybody said I was crazy and Robbie would just try to stand and bang. Sooo.....

He fought with his lip hanging off his face so I'll trust his thumb isn't ready to fight with. Also, you lose all of your mobility in your hand when your thumb is injured.

I've had a dislocated left thumb that couldn't be popped back into place. It required plastic surgery and 6 weeks in a cast. It has never been the same since. I'd say 90%.

As a hobby I play guitar and your left thumb is very important if it's your fret hand. Playing guitar is also one of the best rehab exercises you can to to strengthen the thumb again but mine never regained full strength. It was tender for years.

A thumb injury can take a long time to rehab.

Have you ever hurt your thumb? I'm just asking, because even if you don't break it, suppose you sprain it, or even worse dislocate it, the pain is brutal, and on top of that, you can't keep a clenched fist with a damaged thumb, you hurt your thumb your whole hand is pretty much fucked.

Lol... Guess op failed to realize you can't punch with a broken thumb.

It's badly sprained in a Facebook-like "thumbs up" position. The injury occurred when he saw the dollar figure Uncle Dana was going to give him in compensation for making Ronda now main event what is predicted to be the largest capacity event, ever. Thus, artificially padding her "draw" resum

You don't punch with your thumb. You you might use it for grappling but when I made a thread about the potential for Robbie shooting for some takedowns everybody said I was crazy and Robbie would just try to stand and bang. Sooo.....

definitely has never thrown a punch in his life lol. Get troll

Bullshit post and bullshit claim.

No way in hell you predicted Robbie to be UFC champ. I'll never believe you no matter what you say unless you link me to a post you made 5 years ago saying it.

But you curl your thumb when you make a fist, no?

Back